1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The info display in the dashboard has shadows

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by thrawn60, Feb 22, 2012.

1. thrawn60

thrawn60 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey all,

I have a 2010/2011 Gen III without that nifty nav thing, but in the dashboard there is the normal MFD that you can flip between consumption, pedal pressure and all that.

Now I have a "burned" image of the pedal pressure, so have darker green patches and I can clearly see it, but it's hard to catch on the camera..

I went to Toyota to ask them to put it into service mode so all the lights in the dashboard would light up... But to my big surprise they said that this was not possible...

Is that true?

Like in any car when you turn the ignition key half all the lights jump on so you can check if any are broken, so I assumes that there is also a way here, though no key...

Hope someone has the solution here.

2. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe you can catch all the "burned" images when viewed in the correct angle/lighting. They're not actually burned though, just properties of the MFD.

3. thrawn60

thrawn60 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks I will try, hope I don't have to climb up on the dashboard to get the right angle though :)