1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The info has arrived! 2007 Camry Hybrid

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by galaxee, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jared2

jared2 New Member

"And for those of us in California"

You can add New York now. Only 3 cars qualify for HOV stickers in NY - Prius, Honda Civic Hybrid and Honda Insight.

2. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I like the Prius better too.

But Camry is a little bigger, more powerful, can tow. Since it's the best selling car in the US, should appeal to more people than Prius does.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

And didn't he say that with the Camry hybrid you only get the mfd screen (like the one all Priuses have) if you get the Navigation option?? Otherwise you're stuck scrolling thru countless displays on the little tiny lcd display in the dash next to the speedo and fuel gauge that also contains an odo, trip counters, consumption, and many other display screens (I think there were 9 or 10 different screens that you can scroll thru??).

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I take it that yours is the newest and hence updated cause if you go to the pressroom and open the pdf for the Camry Hybrid specs, this is what you see

"Rear: Solid disc (hydraulic with power assist) with standard Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and integrated
    regenerative brake system"

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    what i posted was the finalized dealer info/publicity package- maybe they changed their minds somewhere along the line?

6. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(malorn @ Mar 1 2006, 08:17 AM) [snapback]218556[/snapback]</div>
    The MSRP is $25,900. Not bad at all. This car will be a hit.

7. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Mar 1 2006, 03:53 PM) [snapback]218615[/snapback]</div>
    Eh I do not know, I bet this car will slow the demand for the Prius considerably.

Personally, I like the Prius, but if I were driving it as my everyday car I would trade it for a Camry Hyrbid simply for the more traditional car layout and driving position.

My fiance likes the driving position, and it doesn't bother me for occasional usage so I have a feeling this will not be happening lol