1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Iraq Project / Give peace a chance

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 9 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]373232[/snapback]</div>
    GOOD!

2. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 9 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]373198[/snapback]</div>
    How do you know that I'm not saying what I'm saying, just to perpetuate discussion? I suspect you're familiar with this tactic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 9 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]373198[/snapback]</div>
    Right, and you should take a little more time to understand why, instead of simply dismissing that person's beliefs. Dberman, are you listening?

Close, but no cigar. It's not the words that stop working, it's the minds responsible for the words.

Also, I'm not just talking about the rational stuff (such a typical guy thing, to focus only upon that). I'm referring to taking the time to understand the *emotions* and cultural differences involved...which are of couse not based upon rational thought.

Instead, y'all just trade salvos of meaningless statistics designed to support an existing point of view.

How about actually taking time to HEAR THE WORDS and UNDERSTAND THE FEELINGS of people? Remember when Iraqi women suggested that they didn't want to run around in skirts and pantyhose and heels like American women, and instead preferred to keep some of their own identity as female Iraqis?

Shocking. It's really arrogant that that y'all (think that you) know what's best for someone else.

Unfortunately, feelings seem to mean nothing to the conservative men in this forum, since they're not directly measured and and resist having a dollar value attached to them. And they're kind of touchy-feely, too...I mean, aren't feelings a primarily female&homosexual male thing...?

Can't take any getting anywhere close to that side, apparently!

Eagerness to close down the discussion is the direct forerunner of a conflict. So, why are there so many of you who are so eager to take this country to war?

3. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 9 2007, 11:55 AM) [snapback]373212[/snapback]</div>
    Squid, you have me, this sort of closely reasoned argument, expressed with your usual grace and respect, totally devoid as it is of the rancor and hostility that you so often whine that liberals have, would be a complete waste of time to rebut.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Crack liberal skulls?

Mr. Squid, I think you may be underestimating the inadequacy of your powers.

5. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 9 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]373212[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. I never knew the Punisher was a liberal.

6. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 9 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]373232[/snapback]</div>
    The Bold statement is just too funny :lol: :lol:

Here it is just reversed:
    Some folks (we call them Liberals) HATE the United States, and would LOVE seeing billions of dollars being taxed, and apparently masturbate to the ideas of one goverment health care sys, a place were no one is rich and everyone is paid the same including those who choose not to work, . Having in thier minds a (pointless) war just gives them something else to complain about.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mastubation over dead soldiers statement just shows you've got a sick person down inside of you somewhere & you may need some counseling, to come up with that one.. <_<

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have my popcorn and cold drink ready for the president's speech Weds. night. How many ways can he say "stay the course" and convince us to follow him. Fight the war as a war or come home.

8. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Jan 9 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]373232[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, they both declared war against us (U.S.) first. So we really didn't have a choice.

Now Iraq, on the other hand ...