1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured The Lie Begins to Unravel (R.I.P Cloud Peak Energy)

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by kenmce, May 18, 2019.

1. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    As one who worked for 14 different named companies and in many roles during his 37 year working life, you aren't guaranteed to be able to live in a specific place, work at a specific job and for your industry or company to exist. My skills became unwanted in the marketplace so I had to acquire other skills that the market wanted. Dynamic capitalism says otherwise. The changing economy says otherwise. (My wife had to move 250 miles from her western PA farm area where her family had been for many generations to find a job.) Change happens.

And since humanity and all other species are benefited by clean air and water and temperatures the species can tolerate, it is reasonable that some industries will have to change, even disappear to assure that.

I'm willing to be taxed to help make that happen and have the bulk of that tax go to those workers disrupted.

austingreen, Trollbait and hill like this.