1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The many ways to track your MPG with computer screens

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by rockerdan, Aug 2, 2013.

1. rockerdan

rockerdan PiP Rocks!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thought this might be fun to see how anal we all are about tracking our fuel,kwh,MPG,mileage, ect ect.....

I always want to keep my lifetime, and also just love my EV drives so i alway like to RESET one for each morning to watch my EV distance and total. I also like to know my miles per tankful. And also want a lifetime EV ratio. I also take pictures of my 6 month screen for any future reference.

Here is what I have been doing....

-Trip A: Gets reset each evening when i come home for my next days EV trip.
    -Trip B: Never gets reset to keep lifetime MPG (Not sure if & when it will roll over? or will TOY mechanic mess it up!)
    -EV Ratio 1: I reset this each fillup to keep track of my total miles per gas tankful.
    -EV Ratio 2: Lifetime EV ratio to keep track of kwh used, gallons used, fuel saved by charge for lifetime, ect ect.

So what else could I be keeping track of?

What does everyone else do on here?

Lifetime so far is near 7000miles....104mpg

IMG_2934.JPG IMG_2935.JPG

2. stanwagon

stanwagon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As I just posted on another thread, even if you should accidentally reset your lifetime B, the info is available in the EC ratio thread, which has total miles and gallons used. That actually gives more info: divide the total by gals to get MPG, and divide the HV miles by gallons to get MPG when in HV. I also love the fact that your EV ratio trip 1 tells you the number of miles used. Note that it always rounds down, so 4.95 reads as 4. But taking this into account it is an excellent indicator of the amt of gas in the tank.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i do similar, but my trip a is tank and b is daily drive. i wish there was a trip c!

4. rockerdan

rockerdan PiP Rocks!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    haha Bisco ....yeah i sometimes wish there were a few more "trips" and screens too!!...but the car does seem to have alot of the bases covered.

I wish it had a thing to add in our cost of ELEC and cost of gasoline. That would be nice. maybe next gen?

Dan