1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Murse, The Man Purse

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see a lot of men with some sort of bag... but then, I hang out with nerds and geeks. :D
    Seriously, there is a point where having too many holsters and clips on your belt becomes ludicrous, and you just have to toss your electronic gear into a bag of some sort, or daypack, and shoulder it.
    Sometime, talk to your chiropractor about the effects of having a wallet in your hip pocket for years... (or, your D. O.)

2. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see a lot of men with some sort of bag... but then, I hang out with nerds and geeks. :D
    Seriously, there is a point where having too many holsters and clips on your belt becomes ludicrous, and you just have to toss your electronic gear into a bag of some sort, or daypack, and shoulder it.
    Sometime, talk to your chiropractor about the effects of having a wallet in your hip pocket for years... (or, your D. O.)

3. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't call it a fanny pack. I'm not that type. I'll carry my man bag up front where it belongs, thank you very much. :blink:

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't call it a fanny pack. I'm not that type. I'll carry my man bag up front where it belongs, thank you very much. :blink:

5. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

One of the good things about the digital revolution is that
    carrying a laptop and all your gear in a messenger bag, for dudes
    is now ok. I hate being out and about without my stuff--laptop--
    moleskin notebooks, pens, books, zen player etc.
    there's a great site on flickr called what's in your bag
    where people simply take photo's of the contents of their
    messenger-bug-out bag---very cool to see what others carry around.

Froley

6. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

One of the good things about the digital revolution is that
    carrying a laptop and all your gear in a messenger bag, for dudes
    is now ok. I hate being out and about without my stuff--laptop--
    moleskin notebooks, pens, books, zen player etc.
    there's a great site on flickr called what's in your bag
    where people simply take photo's of the contents of their
    messenger-bug-out bag---very cool to see what others carry around.

Froley

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Fad? No. But men haven't seemed to decide on a concept and stick with it.

Murse?

Man-purse?

Man-bag?

Years ago it was referred to as the Pouch.

I think a lot of men skirt the issue by using a backpack.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Sep 13 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]511922[/snapback]</div>
    I find it interesting that a retail store wanted to refuse service because of a man bag.. :huh:

Im guessing the man bag just isnt that popular around the us. but seems popular here on PC. B)

9. scargi01

scargi01 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Sep 14 2007, 04:05 AM) [snapback]512418[/snapback]</div>
    That's not a surprise.

10. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoMoShocks @ Sep 13 2007, 02:13 PM) [snapback]511989[/snapback]</div>
    Do men really travel lighter or do their clothes hide more stuff? The reason why women carry handbags is because their clothes usually don't include the large pockets that most men's jackets and slacks include. Where do men who don't carry bags place their wallets, cell phones, PDAs, change, keys, papers, sunglasses, reading glasses, pens, etc.? In their pockets -- or, if they don't like the bulk, in their wives' handbags.

Additional things that many women find necessary to carry that men don't -- makeup and personal hygiene items.

11. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Sep 14 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]512454[/snapback]</div>
    My dad always wore a business suit, regardless of the weather. He said he needed the coat to carry all his stuff.

As for makeup, I have never, ever, seen a woman who was more attractive with a painted face than with a clean face. When did makeup cease being the uniform of a prostitute and start being required by social norms? And why don't the conservative Christians, who always denounce homosexuality as "unnatural" (even though it exists throughout nature) condemn makeup for being unnatural?

12. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On trips (not everyday) I bring a bag or a "sack" for pocket stuffs (wallet, keys, mints, change, pocketman knife, etc).

Years back when I managed a car wash, I'd bring more crap to work than I could fit in my pockets, so some sort of bag was needed, but the metrosexual look is not OK at a car wash. I used a bank bag. It was a canvas sack from the actual bank. It worked great. Looked like a was carrying "loot" instead of a purse.

Now on trips to the cabin I use either a plastic sack that was intended for carrying a windbreaker (Nice drawstring top). Or stuff it all into into a purple Crown Royal bag.

IMHO, men who need a bag should carry something NOT intended to be murse. It should be free and of secondary usage. Though I'm OK, with the manpurse thing and won't belittle men for using one, you will be judged by homophobes (esp. at the redneck cabin area), and it's just not worth it.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ 2007 09 13 19:54) [snapback]512296[/snapback]</div>
    A backpack, that's it. And it's a kilt, not a skirt. :rolleyes:

14. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Sep 14 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]512503[/snapback]</div>
    Well, that depends on the direction of the pleats...

15. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Sep 14 2007, 06:53 AM) [snapback]512467[/snapback]</div>
    Unless it's your intention to break down stereotypes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Sep 14 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]512503[/snapback]</div>
    As long as we're on the subject of kilts, if you wear a kilt you get to wear a sporran also, and then you don't need a purse, or a murse, or a fanny pack.

16. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Sep 14 2007, 06:52 AM) [snapback]512465[/snapback]</div>
    The sort of fanatical/extremist xtian groups that I was part of over the years, do condemn makeup. And jewelry. And pants on women. Can't cut your hair, either. Not a bad idea to cover that head, too. Oh, and no higher education for women... after all, they are to stay home and have babies, and serve the MEN, no reason for education (yes, I'm serious. Yes, these groups are ALL OVER THE PLACE... it's an incredible network of people with the same, basic philosophy. 19 years, thanks for asking... and it's been 10 since I left).

17. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Sep 13 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]511917[/snapback]</div>
    I don't understand what's "new", "HOTT" or "fad" about this. It's been common in Italy and most of Europe since the early 1980's.

18. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Sep 14 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]512628[/snapback]</div>
    Okay. I stand corrected. The wackos do condemn makeup.

I'd like to clarify, personally, that I find makeup unattractive, often grotesque, and sometimes creepy, but I don't condemn anyone for wearing it. If a woman wants to make herself less attractive by painting her face, she has a perfect right to do so. :)

19. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If the murse is in, can the manzier be far behind?

20. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius