1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Mystery Vapor

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Starship16, Jul 31, 2018.

1. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, I was going to say that RAIN-X can smear windows. 4 cars ago, I used it. It said to re-apply every 3 months, so I did it every 6-12 months. By 2½yrs old, the windscreen was hazy/streaky with even new wiper blades - but repelling excellently if I didn't need wipers. It was getting worse - fixed by a broken windscreen, unfortunately. Next 2 cars, I only put it on when new, and never reapplied and no haziness problem. Even after 3-4 yrs, it was still repelling quite well!!!

I tried the anti-FOG and it was poor - but didn't seem to leave any residue.

Starship16 likes this.
  2. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    My guess would be either a damp cabin filter or rainwater gathering in the outside vent (does it happen after a rainstorm maybe ?)

Starship16 likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you take lessons from Sam, you could make my Ignore list too.

krmcg likes this.
  4. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Not rain, we haven't had any significant rain in my area in a year or so. But I will check the cabin filter. Thanks.

5. Starship16

Starship16 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Sam has never bothered me PP. There are all kinds of characters & personalities on the Internet, and in social media chatrooms, discussion groups, political sites, etc. Sure, some people can get kind of strange or weird when sitting behind a computer, being annonymous. I guess they feel kind of brave? :ROFLMAO: (Just like the weird angry drivers that cause road-rage.)

I try and get along with everyone. If there's a problem, I just simply move on. But I may have gotten angry at one time or another... I admit that. I'm getting older. Crankier. And I'm certainly not perfect. "Ignore list"' threats don't bother me, People will do as they please. I don't take it personal. I never have used an ignore button. No need to.

It's just my dumb theory, but I think most people spend WAY TOO MUCH time on the Internet. Getting in silly arguments and virtual fights? (about CARS?! about Politics?! People even argue and fight about Mutual Funds on a financial discussion forum I was involved with. Ridiculous!! :LOL:) Talk abouy a HUGE waste of time! Maybe that's why Americans are getting so fat? We need to shut down the computers, unplug, and get outside and exercise more. Especially me! :ROFLMAO: And especially the young kids who have no life except there iPhones. Man, that's bad.

I did 20 years in law enforcement. Was an Air Force firefighter. Also served in the Army Infantry. Not saying that to brag; millions of guys are Vets or ex-cops. (God Bless everyone of them.) So there is NOTHING on the Internet that is really going to bother me much. This is a piece of CAKE. :D

(Now I'm going outside to check my fogged-up windshield, and go for a nice long drive and a walk. Enjoy my Prius. Breathe that salty coastal air... relax. It's all GOOD! You guys have a nice day.)

#25 Starship16, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Raytheeagle, Tande and krmcg like this.