1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the "next poster" game

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by galaxee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No.

The next poster is listening to Robert Fripp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChristoB @ Jul 18 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]481182[/snapback]</div>
    No Beatles CD's in the car (fully loaded 80GB iPod, in glove box).
    But I do have a APPLE logo sticker (the computer, not the label), on both my hybrids.

2. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nope, the only thing I'm "listening" to is the hum of the fans in several racks of electrical equipment near my desk.

The next poster is having several guests over this weekend for home-cooked Indian food and is about to Google a recipe for Raita and hoping they will be able to find all of the ingredients.

3. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No,

...but in response to TJ's question, I do have David Sylvain's Gone to Earth in my CD player. Fripp was all over it.

The next poster enjoyed serious electrical storms late last night.

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

nope, no storms here

The next poster is loading the car to take a trip to the hybridfest for the weekend. :D

5. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope.

The next poster is missing lab group meeting today because of sleeping-in. :p

6. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i would be in such deep water for doing that.

the next poster doesn't have to share one car for two people anymore!!! :D

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, it will soon be one car for three when my eldest gets her licence. :)

The next poster's tempting fate by thinking before they've had their coffee.

8. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope... I not only walked/jogged two miles, but drove 45 miles and all before having a cup of coffee. Wait... maybe I slept through all that and didn't think afterall. B)

The next poster thinks it's not very funny when you hit your funny bone.

9. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Jul 19 2007, 12:03 PM) [snapback]481607[/snapback]</div>
    Yes.

The next poster is having to wait for another person to look at their house, which is for sale.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robincx @ Jul 19 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]481515[/snapback]</div>

Awesome album!

10. christob

christob Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    >>The next poster is having to wait for another person to look at their house, which is for sale.<<

No. Although after attending last night's contentious condo board meeting, I could almost be persuaded to put mine on the market!

The next poster enjoys hot sauce on fried chicken and collard greens!
    EDIT: Yikes! Just noticed my fried chicken entry, placed this thread directly above the "If you eat animals, you're doing more harm than a Hummer" ;)

11. ohershey

ohershey New Member

Oh damn. Now I've got a craving for Sunday morning breakfast at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. And they went out of business.... I, and some of my friends, were often the only white faces at Roscoes in Oakland on a Sunday morning. Never had better fried chicken. Not even <gasp> my grandmother's.....

As for eating animals - as far as I'm concerned who am I to argue. Evolution says we evolved to eat them - Creationism says that man was created to be lord over the animals. Probably one of the few places they both agree,,,

The next poster is running on about 4 hours sleep, and needs to take a nap at lunch time.....

12. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nope, got 7 hrs in last night.

The next poster is somewhat disappointed that tonight's rain only lasted 5 minutes.

13. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    yeah, we only got a couple drops here. :(

the next poster needs their sleep for a long haul tomorrow but is wide awake.

14. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I only got about 5 hours last night and I am in for the long haul today, even though we generally close at work earlier on Fridays than the rest of the week. As soon as I get home from work I need to do some shopping and get busy preparing for a dinner party I'm hosting tomorrow. And shopping here means hit one store for meat and cheese, hit another one for canned goods, hit another one for the canned goods that the first two didn't have, hit the one run by Indians (from India) for spices and dairy products that the stores run by the Lebanese and locals don't carry, go across town to my "drink lady," go to another section of town to the good produce market and then hit the bakery around the corner from my house for the best (or only halfway decent) bread in town. Of course, the "supermarkets" here in town are only open M-W from 9:00 to 1:00 pm and again from 4:00 to 7:00 pm and on Saturdays from 9:00 to 1:00 pm. If you miss your window of opportunity, though, you're SOL. Then, any produce that you can't peel needs to first be soaked in a chlorine solution for about 15 minutes and rinsed thoroughly in distilled water.

Then again, the locally grown pineapple and mango are just out of this world and make any shopping-related hassle worth it in the end! I will miss it dearly when my tour here is over.

And speaking of rain, I am SO glad the rainy season is winding down and the "nice" season is about to start. These days we have daytime highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 70s. Ain't Africa grand?

The next poster is also hosting a dinner party this weekend.

15. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No.

The next poster is typing this out on this:

[​IMG]

16. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No, getting an internet connection on the Steve's v1 machine is a bit difficult. Though I would love it!

The next poster just said bye to some great out -of town guests

17. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not saying "Bye" to them yet, but inviting them over to my dinner party tomorrow evening.

The next poster is awfully tempted to go get a Nintendo Wii.

18. ohershey

ohershey New Member

LOL!!

Nope. I barely have time for the sleeping. The last thing I need is any kind of game console.

The next poster needs to set up an appointment with a counselor, to go back and finish their degree in the next two years...

19. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    nope but i'm hoping to finish this thing in 2 years or less. (good luck!)

the next poster only has one thing to do before they're done with work for over a week... but this one thing is a daunting task.

20. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Where you going Galaxee???? And, you're brave for posting up your e mail. "Major issue" is subjective. Have a great time!

No. I've several things more to do and have to come back for more next week.

The next poster is addicted to coffee.