1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the "next poster" game

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by galaxee, Feb 6, 2007.

1. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    uuuh, am I supposed to be worried?

The next poster is dreading being woken up at the crack of down by guys putting up new gutters....I just need sleep!

2. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Nope; and don't worry.

The next poster is mad as hell, and won't take it anymore.

3. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No not mad, but I am hungry and am not going to take that anymore.

The next poster has happy Friday-itis.

4. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I wish; I maybe losing yet another toe. So I'm not thrilled.

The next poster just HATES diabetes.

5. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I've seen too many people devastated by it. There has been, however, incredible healing from diabetes, as seen here:

The next poster is making treats tonight

6. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    May be I will make some treats.

The next poster needs to find a job. Soon.

P.S. - Sorry to hear about your toe TJ.

7. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Still unemployed... but busy!

The next poster has a book waiting at the library...

8. greenteechur

greenteechur New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No.
    The next poster has a tattoo.

9. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    NOoooo... not yet, anyway. Thinking about it.

The next poster is thinking about dessert...

10. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No

The next poster has to go to see the foot doctor on Monday.

11. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No, that was last Monday. Treating my foot screwed up my knee so bad it became nigh impossible to walk for a week. How ironic is that? I hope you still have your toe TJ.

The next poster has a bad attitude and feels like whining today.

12. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes.

The next poster read this following rant: My house that is for sale in Florida, the house I have been trying to sell for almost two years, the house that was suppose to close yesterday at 1600, did not close.

Why? Seems someone forget that I owed HOA fees. I knew I did owe them; I even mentioned it several times to my lawyers. I asked how much they were, with fees and all. THIS is what you pay lawyers for. To do the work for you. And they came back with 'there is no record of you owing any money on HOA'. I asked again. Same response.

So they go to close yesterday, and they were closing late, when the buyers side calls my lawyers asking where the closing docs are. MY lawyer says, 'Wait a minute; where are the papers from your side? We have yet to see them!' When they see them, my lawyers note the HOA fees, and ask about them, and are told that they are $4000.00 (!)

And they can't close with out them. At a quarter to five, East coast time, this happens. So they can't close.

Today I wired the closing agent the money, with the stipulation that if this deal falls through, I get the money back. THEN, they tried to hit us up with a fee that the BUYER is suppose to pay, per the contract! My lawyer said NO. SO the paper works sits.

The bottom line is that if the house does not close by 1700 on WEDNESDAY, it will not close. AND I go back to square one.

I have lost over $150k on this house, with lawyer fees and everything.

This is why when people tried to congratulate me on the house selling I told them not to. I told them that I wouldn’t believe this house was sold until it was sold. And then some. There is a snowballs chance in MIAMI that it will close later today, Wednesday, but I won’t be holding my breath. I suspect, in fact, that the taxes that my lawyer told me were taken care of? Those will come up at the last minute. Watch it happen.

I am so mad right now. I am mad at just about anything and everything and I don’t even know where to start. I am mad at myself, first and foremost, for listening to my mother in law when she said I should buy that house. She talked me into it, even though every fiber of my being was screaming at me to run away from it. THEN, I am mad at the mortgage broker that undoubtedly broke the law to get us the loan. This I am sure of. THEN, I am mad at the real estate agent who set us up; we looked at all these POS houses that were on the market for a quarter of a million or more (back in 2005), and we being the naïve people we were, fell for the house that looked so much better for only $65k more. ‘ONLY’ I say like it’s sixty five cents.

Then I am mad at not hiring a lawyer to look over the complicated paperwork. I trusted the broker, the real estate guy, my mother in law, all these people that had done this many many more times then I had, to tell me what to do. I trusted. What a mistake. I am mad at the guy who told us that we should move to Texas when we did; that our house would sell in less then 90 days. I am mad at the real estate guy here convincing me that the house we bought, while nicer and bigger then the house in Florida, that this house with it’s pool with it’s obvious crack that had been repaired, that this house was alright. That it had inspected fine. I believed him, and now I have still a nice house, but the main A/C has been weak since we got here, needs replacing, and the pool leaks sometimes very bad. It needs to be replaced as well, I am sure of it. I am mad at buying this house when I should have learned in the first place. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

I am mad at the broker here, that really must have broke the law to get us a no money down loan on a house, when we had not sold the house we had in Florida yet. Fannie Mae owns this loan, and we all know now how shady they are. Back when I bought the house, I thought it was going to be a safe bet. Now, not so sure.

I am mad at the lawyers who we hired in Florida to help us with our foreclosure, taking close to fifty thousand dollars, when we told that it might at the most cost twenty to do this deal. And after all that money spent, it might still foreclose. I am mad at the buyers who are like vultures, sweeping in on the carcass of the housing market, not willing to pick up the small fees when they are already stealing this house from me.

I am mad at the homeowners association of the complex we lived in for not having some sort of heart, and waving the fees. I mean, we have not used the garbage collection, the cable, the pool, the tennis courts, the parking lots, and the security...yeah, the security that let our BRAND FREAKIN’ NEW AIR CONDITIONER just be stolen right from the side of the house, pipes and all, while they stood by with their thumbs up their nice person.

Yeah, I am mad.

Yes, I am mad. Yes, I was mad. Yes, I am not as mad. Yes, I am getting calmer. Yes, I have calmed down.

Thanks for letting me rant.

13. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Whew! Any time TJ, just let me get out of the way first!

The next poster promises never to say, "trust me," to TJ.

14. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes.
    (By the way TJ, you can thank the Community Reinvestment act for allowing you a 100% loan for more than you should have gotten...you and a gazillion other people . Even though it was old from the Jimmy Carter days (and we watched the savings and loan crisis follow), it was re-energized in 1995 by Acorn. We have had most of the subivisions in our county (thousands of homes) sold using the no money down programs that had been created and were just done away with a few months ago. Any good lender should have pointed out your ratios for buying and strongly gone against your 65k increase. Alas, they make their money and sell the loan the next day and don't have to worry about it. A good home inspector should have caught the rest of the physical problems . As far as past due HOA dues, I have never heard of that stopping a closing. I will check on this for you.

The next poster thinks it is good to vent.

15. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Indeed. Otherwise I would not have done it. And I forgot to mention, that when I bought that house in Florida, I put $75k down on it. That is money I will never see again.

The next poster would rather that it was all behind them.

16. Rae Vynn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, part of it is. We signed the papers on our HELOC today, which gets us out of a mortgage that had too high of interest rate.

The next poster had a major plumbing failure last night... it's being fixed now...

17. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope, plumbing's working fine, thank you.

Speaking of which, the next poster's gotta go walk the dog.

18. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Our dogs only have two speeds on the farm: sleep and run.
    Can't get them into walk gear unless we leave home.

The next poster is glad they have no mortgage and is somewhat comforted
    by the fact that they could eat their livestock if it really came down to it.
    (But I suppose they would be deadstock in that eventuality)

19. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well, no mortgage here. No livestock either though. I could probably chase down a squirrel if I really had to....nah, on second thought I probably couldn't.

The next poster really needs a desk.

20. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, got more desks that I can sit people in.

The next poster is anxiously waiting for the next and hopefully last snowstorm. The one that sneaks up on us when all the previous snow is practically melted all away.