1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Number 1 reason to keep the new forum software.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    ALL OTHER FORUM SOFTWARE PALES IN COMPARISON TO THIS FEATURE!!

If you put a member on ignore the new software ignores all quoted text too!

That deserves two thumbs up! [​IMG]

As well as an Atta-boy for Danny!

spiderman, Stev0 and amm0bob like this.
  2. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So far, I'd say the biggest plus is faster response.

amm0bob likes this.
  3. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So basically you enjoy being able to shut people out you don't like?

You'll never read this as I assume I'm on your ignore list.

I don't come to public forums to ignore people....but if that's what you like best? Enjoy the ability to ignore.

4. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I won't be using the "feature"... but I know there are folks that will see this as a blessing... and that is a good thing.

Trebuchet likes this.
  5. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Also noticed that you can't see who is on the thread.

In the instance of a flamewar, seeing the OP lurking the thread seemed to keep the fire going - that was the reason on vBulletin I kept invisible most of the time, although well into those flamewars it was academic.

6. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    LoL! My ignore list has one single name on it. If, IF, that poster was capable of increasing his posts, to a level of say 10%, which weren't pure insult and/or personal attack or inane unsupported garbage I would remove his name. Alas that doesn't seem possible, not in any scenario I can imagine.

BTW: don't flatter yourself. In public it's unsightly and slightly narcissistic.

7. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    As well-intended as the ignore feature is, it's not really useful.

8. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How does my assumption you'd put me on your ignore list flatter me?- And I was kidding.

I support the freedom for people to ignore or interact with everyone they wish. But I don't see the ability to ignore someone in a forum as a great addition.

Concievably we come here for interaction. Someone would have to be Diseased Deer Tick annoying for me to waste time ignoring them, outside of simply not reading or responding to their posts.

I assume that even someone I don't particularly agree with, and generally do NOT like may someday have an insight to a situation or problem that is valid and helpful or entertaining. Or hope springs eternal in that area.

9. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That's quite a bold statement from someone who continually insults or spews garbage from right wing blogs. I'm sure this feature will be useful for some members who have PMed me to ask that I don't quote Trebuchet.

finman likes this.
  10. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd say the number one reason is because Danny likes it.
    His site.
    His rules.

Don't like it?
    Don't post.

Personally, I run hot and cold on the new forumware. It's a little too bubblegummy for me personally. However (comma!) it's not my forum.
    Since I'm not getting paid or paying to post on it I'll keep the GIVEACRAP switch in the "Don't" position for now.

11. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    A different point of view is not an insult or garbage. It doesn't make one a racist, homophobe or anti-science.

12. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Stating a different point of view is not an insult. Starting off with statements that the other poster is a "maroon" [moron], "narcissist", "idiot", "progtard", "racist", "liar", etc IS AN INSULT. The garbage is continually relying on blogs alone for any intellectual argument, and either ignoring other sources or circumventing facts in favor for another insult.

Starting off with insults, and then showing ignorance in subjects such as economics and science, is what has made many members reflect the same immaturity that you have shown on towards you. Whenever I see posts from you bemoaning how irrational or insulting other members are, that's perhaps one of the largest "pot calling kettle black" rants I see on this forum.

13. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Fire with Fire. Bra. :cool: Now take your little rant and run along. This thread is about the new forum software. Thank You

amm0bob likes this.
  14. davesrose

davesrose Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Someone had to state the facts, since you are keeping with your hypocritical rhetoric of a different POV being an insult, or that the reason you don't have civil arguments is that you "fight fire with fire". Maybe for those members who have Treb on ignore, someone should post another thread stating this observation about quotes.

15. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Dang! I have to dial my effusive praise back a notch, seems the "Ignored Member" post is still shown just not the content. Sigh, can't always get what you want.

16. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid

I love it! Davey makes an accusation then has to plead for others to supply the supporting facts and evidence after the fact. LoL!

17. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Danny's No. 1 reason would likely be because his forum members like it and use it more and make his forum live long and prosper. Not the Boss Tweed meets Rambo bit.

It is much nicer looking, like going from a PC to a Mac. It's user functionality is way better with Alerts, What's New. It's interface with Facebook and Twitter is better. The CMS (content management system) driven front page is way less work and encourages people to come into the forum.

I know that it is saving operating expenses on the web server side because it more efficient there which is noticeable on the front end to users as faster loading.

18. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think if you made a Venn diagram of "People who see no use for the ignore feature" and "People who never wandered into Fred's House of Politics", it would just be one circle.

19. Chuck.

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The atmosphere seems to be more pleasant since the new forum software has been implemented. Don't know exactly why, but it is a good thing.

Checking the activity in alexa.com there was a mild hit but PC is uptrending....considering lower gas prices and the start of summer, that is a positive.

20. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ^ some of the cranky members haven't figured out the software yet. ;)

Chuck. likes this.