1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The number of 'The Beast' 666

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dsunman, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Apr 27 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]246153[/snapback]</div>
    Hmmm, I don't know... I've never actually been in that building (well, maybe certain stores on it's ground level)...

...google says, YES, it is!

:D

2. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Apr 26 2006, 10:18 PM) [snapback]245884[/snapback]</div>

In addition, the book of Revelation is rather specific about the mark. It goes on the right hand or the forehead and is to be required to buy or sell. This is in Revelation 13, which is after the seventh trumpet, one of the rather nasty events duiring the tribulation. That trumpet is the 14th event in the progression.

To me, this means random occurences of the number 666 are not worth worring over. When we get to the time when the beast shows up, and it is time to worry, the previous events will be completly unmistakable. None of tribulation events have happened yet, so current 666 manifestations aren't worth the bother.

Revelation also says 666 is the name of the beast or the number of his name. So seeing 666 on a building or in a date is even less troublesome. What it dosen't say, however, is how to calulate the number of a name, which leads to some interesting tricks with letters and numbers when people try to attribute beastdom to various famous people.

As an interesting note, in I Kings 10:14, the NIV translation says:
    "The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents"
    Here, the use is just an accounting of King Solomons riches. No further mention is given the the number here, nor is it given any evil conitations.

3. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dsunman @ Apr 26 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]245407[/snapback]</div>
    Since the antichrist (btw, those terms are not capitalized) is already in office there may be some truth in this.

Nobody ever said a thing about the initial GWB dropped from his name at birth...D. That's right...George Walker DAMIEN Bush!! Ahhhh! REE REE REE REE

:D

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Each of our Group Homes have a facility code as well as a formal name.. in Santee there is a home named "Santana" and its' facility code is 666. Some folks get a little disturbed when they start working there. If only we could add a black cat to the mix.....