1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The number one selling hybrid is ...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DumbMike, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Alright, it isn't much drama. But I thought the most interesting thing is that the Prius is selling so many more hybrid cars than the rest. If my math is right, it's over twice what everybody else is selling, combined.

I made a statement about a year ago that the Prius is heading toward being "mainstream." Are we no longer unique?

The 10 Best-Selling Hybrid Cars - 24/7 Wall St.

Mike

2. sLick415

sLick415 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Unique? Most definitely not. As anyone would have predicted, hybrids are the future. And that's exactly what's going on here. But as far as the Prius being mainstream, it is and it will be for quite some time. Of course as we all know, the Prius has been around for a long time. And that reputation will keep Prius at the top for many years to come.

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I recognize that 3 out of the 4 Prius models are new this year, but I would hope that folks start seeing Prius as a brand, not just one car.

Listing the PiP, c, and v separately from the Liftback will brighten the day of Volt and Insight owners.

4. rebenson

rebenson Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    its great to see the Prius doing so well. I think the Ford offerings coming out end of this year might actually give Toyota some serious competition... Hopefully they will try to sell their hybrids and push Toyota to improve!!!