1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Official 12/29/05 say-anything thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

just a suggestion, have you ever tried 'giving it back'? Seriously, if you went in there, bitched HIM out (in an I'm having sick fun yelling at your fat nice person sort of way), and punctuated your tirade with a middle finger one inch from his nose, you might find:

1. it's fun and you want to do it again (er, that may only be for weirdo's like me lol)

2. you'll feel happy about it, knowing that some sort of justice has been served out.

and 3. the pro-active nature of putting someone on the defensive would probabaly do WONDERS for you...

what've you got to lose? you're young, maybe you find another lab first, but go back and LET THE PRICK HAVE IT! 'Cause in his mind, you're probably just a 'little girl'....

better yet, watch Juliette Lewis in Natural Born Killers if you haven't yet, she does an AWESOME job yelling and going nuts in the restaurant scene early on in the movie... if you pulled one of those on him, I guarantee he'll shiat in his pants...

go get 'em.

;)

[Broken External Image]:http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IGS/IGS117/EV020-046.jpg

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm already out and trust me i don't want to go back and see him ever again.

trust me, the last 2 hours of my time there i came so close to going off, but i do have quite a bit of self control. i have to remain professional, unfortunately. in another life, i would have told him to go f*&^ himself much sooner.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

thing is arguing like that is really an art that is becoming lost... i ddn't think any worthwhile relationship doesn't have some form of arguing. the more intense, the better... generally anyway... society seems to want to supress arguing, but imo, to deny such, is right up there with celebacy, we're humans, which means we encompass a wide range of emotions, and getting pissed off and arguing is one of them, supressing it is just wrong... plus, it's generally accepted behavior within higher levels of business... internally anyway...

anyway, i don't think there's anything unprofessional about giving it back hard when someone has given it to you as such... but, of course, I'm not in your situation, so I can't really comment....

regardless, good luck with it... :)

4. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Where is Jack06 tonight? Pretty damn quiet around here with him gone I just realized :p

5. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Rancid..just going through the posts., nice surf pictures man..

6. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Galaxee..sorry things when south for you..but you'll do right, seems like you are a bright person. Been there, except I was in the Military do I did not have the option. Nowadays I would do just as you did, if you know you did right and the buffoon was as he was, well you will find much better pastures..and the loss will be his (or the buffooon). Best of luck and I know you will have a brighter 2006 because of it.

Immanuel

7. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Daniel...Smika is a cop..and no he is not what you picture or imagine. I have handled "the public" in tense and tight conditions in the Military and currently both at Schools and in our city in my current positions., and believe me the vast majority of criminals are just that, criminals.

Smika: I agree about the perverts, by the way., and Daniel, myself for sure and Smika also (I believe)., just knowing his posts would go out of the way to protect and help the truly innocents, and we DO back down when wrong, unlike some idealogues which I am sure you idealize to no end.

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    -i argue with DH enough to get it out of my system. trust me, i've perfected the art of arguing and i get downright nasty when i get started.

-two words as to why i can't give back what i've taken: double standard.

-thanks. i'm out, that's what matters. :)

thank you Immanuel.

it was rough and i thought i could take it, but in the long run it beat me down farther than i thought. thanks for the well wishes, and i hope your 2006 also improves over the rough 2005 you had.

9. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Hey, dude, isn't it about your bedtime? :huh: Just got back from taking daughter and BF to the airport---4 hr. round trip in cats-n-dogs rain. We have flood warnings in 4 counties. Thanks for noticing I warn't around. Just catching up on posts...

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks! My pictures didn't turn out nearly as good (probably b/c I forgot to bring my camera on 'the biggest day' Weds 12/21 and the day after wasn't nearly as impressive and it was very overcast to boot), so I was left trying to find some online instead. :)

11. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

12. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Welcome back. Glad to see you made it safely. And speaking of bedtimes its 2:38 out there right now. :rolleyes:

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Now it's about 3:38. I have a sleep disorder. Go to sleep sometime 3-4 am, get up sometime 9-11 am. Works for me.

14. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I just think you have massive, prolonged jet lag and your internal clock is still set to Eastern Standard Time. :lol:

15. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

16. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Number one: The vast majority of criminals are wealthy people who never get arrested because the justice system goes after poor folks. People don't go to prison for breaking the law. They go to prison for being poor. Unfortunately, too many people base their opinions on the way Hollywood portrays prisoners. A small percentage of the people in jail have committed any violent crime or are any threat to the public. Most are there because their drug of choice is imported, and therefore illegal, while domestically-produced drugs (tobacco, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc.) are legal, though many are far worse.

Number two: I am sure that Schmika is an upstanding and honest cop. I imagine that 95% of cops make an effort to do the right thing. But the other 5% make the streets unsafe for people of color in this country. And until the 95% adopt a zero-tolerance attitude toward the 5%, people of color will have good reason to fear, mistrust, and hate the police force.

17. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just watched that movie. I'm not sure that beating your boss to death is the best way to deal with his unacceptable behavior.

18. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I had a real nice evening with my friends but had to sneak in to my house cause I did not want to deal with my mother. The dog almost busted me but the old girl just thought the dog wanted out of her bedroom!! The dog and I goofed off until mom went to bed and then we called my duaghter in Italy and talked for over an hour!! I am 49 years old and still sneaking in late at night....... and getting guilt trips for going out and having fun.

maggie, your cat is soooo cute!!

19. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

thanks, I found him on a street

20. Schmika

Schmika New Member

You are to far gone in this area to even reason with.