1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Official 12/29/05 say-anything thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Very good Galaxee...never stoop to their level..Squid..you are wrong (not for wanting to do it...but for suggesting someone else do it)

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Are you a person of color? I will repeat..you are currently beyond reason...What is your definition of a criminal...if you will check...most VIOLENT crime is committed by the lower economic strata. Facts is facts Daniel. Just because we don't want to believe it..doesn't make it so.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Good for your Galaxee!

Stooping to his level would only serve to reaffirm, in his mind, why he didn’t like you in the first place. (P.S. Not being liked by an donkey is not a bad thing.)

If you really want to get him back. Do it with kindness - it will get under his skin.

Every time you reach a milestone in your career, be it a new degree, position, recognition, etc. send him a postcard or a letter with clippings. Thank him for being instrumental in guiding you out of a dead-end and on toward the proper path . . . the one which resulted in your fabulous career.

Now if that isn’t incentive enough to continue on with your endeavors . . . :lol:

4. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks for your support, everyone... i feel that 6 months isn't that much of a waste in the end and was happy to be moving on. considering putting in for a transfer, if things here continue to suck but that's another decision for another day. hoping for this one investigator to pick me up but also looking into other labs.

5. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I guess I was lucky enuf to have had a great, supportive thesis advisor (many moons ago). Sorry to read about your travails. A liitle time in a northern clime may do you a world of good. :) Remember time heals all wounds, and time (one can only hope) wounds all heels.

It could be worse. Been there, almost seen this:

[attachmentid=1669]

6. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

no, that's what a complacent, fearing, society has thrust upon you, an aversion to conflict, a 'turn the other cheek' philosophy, such that when REAL conflict eventually arises, we're all afraid to do anything about it, or handle it poorly, and I don't know which is worse.

Of course, from an officer's standpoint, you WANT people to be docile, to not argue, you want them as submissive as possible, less threatening, makes your job easier don't it?

Arguing is an art form, you "stoop to their level" if it's done incorrectly and the person just pointlessly yells and cusses like some white trash trailer park redneck. If done properly, with gusto, and the right "projection", THEN you accomplish what you need to.

So yeah, if I'm wrong from your standpoint, fine, I'm absolutely fine with that. I have no desire to sway others to my point of view, for there are plenty that concur anyway.

;)

7. Mystery Squid

THIS is why I have no fear of Prius owners... :lol:

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    squid, you go ahead and argue to your heart's content. it's your thing. to do otherwise would be unsquidlike and would be cause for all of us on PC to be concerned. ;)

we all have our own demeanors. i prefer to stay quiet in the face of authority and cause my ruckus among my own peers. :lol: you respect my demeanor and i respect yours and it's all good.

9. Mystery Squid

:lol:

look, i know i come across as a real prick sometimes, as I really don't take the the time to be PC on message board posts, all I want to get across is that no one should be taken advantage of in any way shape or form. Sometimes, this requires arguing with someone, some people are better at it than others (just like anything else) and, IMO, those that aren't need to learn how to do it effectively, as you can't go through life effecitvely avoiding conflict resolution. Well, I suppose some can...

People are too diverse, some people you can only get through with kindness, others with a foot up the nice person.

Being knowledgeable in both is what I'm saying...

:D

10. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i was just saying that's part of who you are and that's good because we all respect that (well maybe i can't speak for everyone). believe me i won't stand to be walked around on like that, which is why i left. and if push came to shove, let's say i'm perfectly capable of defending myself and i have proven that well in years past. i just prefer not to let that side of me out in the professional realm because things can and will get nasty. it's better for me to keep a cool head at work and leave the caustic remarks for disagreements among friends and family members.

11. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Galaxee -- I've been meaning to say congratulations on getting out of that awful situation. Getting out and remaining professional about it are probably the two best things you could have done for yourself.

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    These reports of new '06 deliveries are coming in just as I thought they would---on the Main Forum, where it's hard to remember who's who. Oh, well.

By Thursday, PC may break its record for most members online simultaneously. :)