1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Official Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Review Thread

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Tideland Prius, Nov 15, 2016.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Gotta make a correction on tidelands 1st video. You can ONLY work the slider door 'open' with foot sensor? If we hadn't been using this very feature for the past 2½ years, maybe we'd think, "that's really ridiculous".
    The woman commented how short/little the guy doing the review with her. Maybe he has teeny little feet, too.

But my size 13's? Yeah - they operate that sliding door foot sensor closed just fine. Guess I could make a contradictory video, but it's one of those rare moments .... not feeling oppositional at all beyond that.
    considering the RX hybrid SUV from Lexus, or the hyhi, which are pretty close to the size of a minivan, albeit the minivan has more room ....... not only did the Lexus /Toyota offerings get much better mileage when they were released back in late 2005 - they had quicker 0 to 60 times than the hyhi V8.
    Similarly, I see the Siena minivan now comes in hybrid. The mpg Improvement between the non hybrid version is 20, 21, verses 35, 36.
    Maybe the economy difference is subjective as to whether that's not enough, versus pretty darn good.

The Pacifica, although it "only" gets a hybrid blended 30 mpg rating ...... that's only once the traction Pack runs down & it's running in normal hybrid mode. Soccer moms running grocery errands & such .... the V6 doesn't necessarily kick on that much.
    Ours has over 15K miles on it now, and between running electric (84MPGe) & gas (30mpg) roughly ½ of the time, the readout shows we are averaging in the 60 MPG range - using both.

Yes - one of the first questions uninformed buyers ask is, "does it have to be plugged in?"
    The sales Critter is trained to say, "no, you don't .... it still gets 30 mpg. But if you ever WANT to get even BETTER mileage than 30? you can plug it in ..... only if you want to ... "
    (sneeky)

#61 hill, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The new competition would be Sienna hybrid, right?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah even though the Sienna isn’t a PHEV.

5. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    They are the only 2 that have been hybridized.
    Edit:
    Oh - & someone above mentioned the Sienna doesn't have quick-release middle row seats? if it matters

#65 hill, Jul 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  6. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It might matter for some like me. Handy seat configs would be the first thing I'd look at.
    I have the quick release bucket seats in my VW Routan.. One middle seat currently out of the vehicle.
    Chrysler did not let VW use their stow-and-go fold down seats, so the Routan version had the seating arrangement later used for Pacifica Hybrid. I like it for my uses.

#66 wjtracy, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  7. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Was thinking of buying a 2020 Pacifica Hybrid with a great rebate offer and discounts... something like $8K off MSRP, that was before the fed $7.5K tax credit. But I missed the opportunity. I can no longer find such a deal now all 2020 models are gone. The 2021 model is basically a carry-over, but nowhere close to the deal I found on the 2020 model a few months ago. Yeah, Sienna is even harder to find now and no discount on it either.

Instead, I decided to just buy PP for now for myself and keep the PathHy for the hauling duties. Well, at half the price of Pacifica or Sienna, PP was a bargain.

8. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Besides the new grill, the only functional improvement listed for the plugin is the migration to LED headlights - instead of projectors.

Salamander_King likes this.
  9. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like LED headlights. After having LED headlights on my PP, it will be a must-have for any new cars I will buy. There is no way I can go back to halogen lights. But... if that's all improved on 2021 Pacifica compared to the 2020 model, is it worth $8K more??? I don't think so.