1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Passion of The McRib...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by The Electric Me, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Fortunately, If you buy ingredients instead of packaged food products, you can eat well, and cheaply. Buying in-season helps as well.
    It can be interesting to buy based on price/pound. For example, the difference between potato chips and raw potatoes can be a 2000%.

1 person likes this.
  2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Excellent point. I've also found that some places (Trader Joe's?) that carry cut and washed veggies in little bags, which are even more convenient. Picnics, snacks, and even meal-sized portions are quick, simple, and cheap.

1 person likes this.
  3. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I went the Carl's Jr. and had their new Six Dollar A1 Steakhouse Burger. I opted for the medium combo over the standard small combo. I didn't want to go large because hey, I gotta watch what I eat :p. Came out to like 9 bucks.

OK so I was hungry. The burger was so so ... not as good as the Burger King A1 Steakhouse sandwich.

I don't know why A1 switched their allegience from Burger King to Carl's Jr. and had Carl's Jr. make the exact same sandwich with the same name.

Ok this has nothing to do with the McRib.

Carl's Jr. also has something called the Big Carl, which is a BigMac knock off, but not nearly half as good. I like BigMacs.

4. sipnfuel

sipnfuel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know y'all are interested in my diet ...

I did have the McRib yesterday and I ate it and I am still alive, so I can still offer my recommendation for this form of sustenance.

Today I had the Popeye's Chicken & Biscuit's Crawfish Tackle Box. It consisted of deep fried battered crawfish, seasoned french fries, a horseradish dipping sauce, and they included some ketchup on the side. Overall the fries were the best part. The crawfish was good, but really not much flavor except for the 1 bum crawfish that tasted like the swamp it came from. But otherwise I can recommend this as well.

Edit: There was a yummy biscuit too.