1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"The price of gas is SO high . . .

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Sassee

Sassee New Member

Hey [you]!

Ya Got Me :oops:

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got you? :roll: Could this be that "you" command I keep seeing? Or something else?

3. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    ... the cow that jumped over the moon couldn't get that high !

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    . . . that during a rare meeting of two Prius owners on opposite sides of the same Costco gas pump on April Fool’s Day - that said two owners could really piss off an SUV driver with loud comments to each other like . . . “Hey, that’s a nice car . . . but I hear that every once in a while you have to put gas in them things†. . . “Yah, another twenty dollar fill-up and I’ll be good for two weeks and 500 more miles†. . . “Unfortunately I only got 45 miles to the gallon this time around†. . . “Ooh you poor thing, what’s the problem, lead foot?â€

At this point the SUV driver at the pump in front of me said, “This is an April Fool’s joke, right?â€

We both looked at each other and said in harmony, “Nooooo†and chuckled.

The SUV driver got mad, climbed into his beast, slammed the door and sped away in a rage!

The attendant who was standing nearby laughed and jokingly said to us, “please don’t tick off our best customers.â€

(True story!)

I wonder if that was the Car Czar in that SUV?

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    its the you command without a doubt.

well gas is now 2.199 and rising... actually went 3 days without an increase. longest stretch in over 3 weeks without a jump.

6. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't complain, our brand stations are at $2.63 and Costco is $2.53. Gotta love the Prius!

7. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

$1.019 a liter up here. So what's that about 3.96 liters per US gallon. Do the math, just a pinch under $4 a US gallon.

8. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Frank:

The gas here went from 88 cents a litre to 94 cents a litre, so we're catching up to you.

As far as conversion, if I recall there are 3.78 litres per U.S. gallon and 4.54 litres per Imperial gallon. I wonder what sort of sticker shock vacationing American tourists will see this summer?

9. Frank Hudon

thanks for the update on the conversion. Sticker shock, last year at 89 a liter they were turning around and going back home. Add another 12 cents and they probably won't even think about coming up here. Mind you with the buck at 82 it's still advantages for a lot of things. Gas just isn't one of them anymore.

10. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon\";p=\"77987)</div>
    Frank:

Like exports? Yeah, I wonder if 'ole Ralphy Baby (Ralph Goodale, Minister of Finance) will keep claiming that our exports and economy are still red hot?

11. Frank Hudon

time to go back on your meds. These dummies are so far out of the loop it makes ya gag. I'm wondering whats so damaging that they have a publication ban on the "sponsorship scandal" and Quebec is so concerend that they want to bring down the gov. This place sucks.

12. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Frank:

Tell me about it! :cussing:

So much for this "freedom of the press" crap ...