1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Tech is still in, sorta

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I agree with Tony. I don't know about the dollar though. (If you needed a dollar, I'd send you one, don't get me wrong.)

You and DH have been a wealth of information for us all. You will both be in my thoughts (and my Prius's thoughts).

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow galaxee, hope all your medical problems get resolved. i know first hand how easily they can get out of hand financially. best advice i can give you is to remember, the problems came from the outside in. dont let them affect your personal relationships. in the end, those relationships are worth way more than any personal possession.

see ya back soon. keep us posted ok?

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    wow, i'm touched at the amount of love in this thread :wub:

really, financial help is not necessary, we'll be able to tough it out till things improve. we can still eek out payment for the very basics and like i said things should improve within a couple months. but i appreciate the thoughts.

i have a clean bill of health, please don't worry about me. just lots of expenses left over. DH is working through the back pain (and is feeling much better lately) with lots of physical therapy, orthopedist consults, a series of expensive meds and even one epidural steroid shot.

all that would be manageable if we didn't also lose income. i'm not complaining, given that DH has physically been almost superhuman to carry on.

... and YES SQUID, i do have internet at work but i also have a ton of stuff to do! :lol: i stayed late tonight just to catch up and round up all my internet communications.

4. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Galaxee,

From the bottom of my heart, I hope things look up for you. I will say a prayer for you.

Karl

5. ltu1542hvy

ltu1542hvy New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi Galaxee,

I am sorry (and shocked!) to hear about your and your DH's health and financial problems and I too wish you the best for a speedy recovery on all fronts!

Whatever you do, I hope things won't get to the point where you will need to sell your Prius. It breaks my heart to say that I will be selling mine just before Christmas, and I hope the loss of one Prius among us will suffice to appease the Prius Deus.

Prissy is being replaced with a '93 Toyota SR5 4x4 King Cab pickup truck that I have bought sight unseen, and which is sitting in Cotonou, Benin awaiting my arrival in early January. At least it is a Toyota, but it certainly won't be a Prius. Unfortunately in that country a 4WD vehicle is pretty much required for any kind of meaningful transportation outside of the city, and a Prius would just not be suitable. Besides, I seriously doubt that I could get her serviced properly over there, and since they are still using leaded gasoline I would have to replace the catalytic converter, and running a Prius on leaded fuel would be just so wrong on sooo many levels.

All the best to you and to DH!

- Bill

6. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't know (I've been off a lot and hadn't known of tumor). I'm sad for you, coming at this time of year.

But you're solid and gutsy people, with the instincts to make the necessary adjustments. If you get discouraged, try to imagine a large group of tiny people perched on your shoulder, offering comfort. That would be us.

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A humble wish for a speedy recovery.

My thoughts and hopes will be with you both.

8. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Galaxee and DH --

I have to add my voice to the chorus. Get well, recover. Your PC friends, and that pretty much means all of us, are pulling for you. You two have saved many of us a bunch of money and even more exasperation by providing information and insight into the operation of our wonderful cars. How can we repay you?

I look forward to your regular and frequent postings again soon.

9. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm also hoping things work out for the best for both of you!

10. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I just now saw this thread. God bless and I wish you a speedy recovery in body and soul. Hang in there and I keep you in my prayers.

11. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Dec 13 2006, 07:43 AM) [snapback]361475[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry to hear that, Galaxee ... I've always appreciated your perspective on issues, and the contributions you and DH made on Prius info.

I have two "moderate" disc problems, L4 - L5 and L5 - S1 (4 to 5mm bulges on both), and I found inversion therapy to work wonders for me. He might ask his therapist about it; it works similar to traction, but you can get a home machine to do it, and they are in the $200 to $300 range (the Teeter Hang Ups machines are well respected). A lot of money right now, I know, but I have customers who swear by the things. I'm using a home gym that allows me to "hang" on an angled sliding platform by my feet ... it works great for pain relief.

12. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    galaxee,

So very sorry to hear of your troubles. Life seems to give us so many opportunites for growth. I just so often wonder why in the heck we NEED to grow so much! And why can't we go dormant for a while! There are many here who care about you and with all those good thoughts coming your way, things just have to get better. I add my thoughts and prayers as well as healing white light going out to you and DH. Take care...

13. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You very eclectic family will miss you here. Religious or not, may the peace intended during the Christmas season settle over your house like a warm glow to heal what is sick and strengthen what has weakened.

See you in the Spring when new energy fills the earth.

14. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thank you all so much for the continued well wishes.

and since i have gotten so many concerned inquiries about my tumor, i'll explain. i never said anything about it (and now dismiss it as nothing, or old news because that's the way i am) because i really didn't want to think about it or draw attention to it. that is also the main reason i worked 7 day weeks through the end of summer. it took a few months and multiple extremely painful (and costly) procedures to find out that it is a benign tumor of very deceptive character. i hope i did not mislead anyone, i certainly did not mean to.

15. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    What's with us Wisconsin Prius owners? Boy... I too am recovering from total knee replacement surgery. Talk about a pain in the knee. So I hear the pain from you both. Continue to heal and I hope all continues to improve for you and DH. You both will be in my thoughts during this Holiday season and beyond.

Good luck

16. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have been off line, no power, no cable modem, so I have been out of touch since Thursday night when the storm blew in here. Sorry to hear about those problems. I struggle with my lower back and know how that goes. Hang in there it will inprove it takes time though it is hard some days. I will keep you in my thoughts. Check in from time to time when you can. You have always been a great sourse of knowledge. My Regards to you DH.

17. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just came across this post...Wishing you best wishes through this Holiday Season. I hope that this troubling times will pass quickly and that all will be well. You will be missed here at PC...but we know that you will be back soon!!

18. marjam

marjam Member

I, too, have been off the board for a while (school teacher, you know!) and I am keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers. May 2007 be better for you than 2006 has been.

Sincerly,

marjam

19. FL Buckeye

FL Buckeye Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I echo what everyone else has said. I haven't been watching the threads too much and was surprised to read this one. It seems when you feel burdened by your own problems, you then find others with problems or situations that make your own so insignificant. Hang in there, things will get better.

Best Regards