1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

the Prius v styling lines

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Eric "v", Aug 21, 2015.

1. Eric "v"

Eric "v" Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've looked at all the Prius models many times and I still feel the v has the best lines. The side view in particular has "complete" lines, not the truncated rear end lines of the sedan or the C model.

And from the rear 3/4 view it has good lines looking forward. I've had a few friends look at my car and say "Did Prius change its styling recently?" or "That doesn't look like my Prius." Well, yes, back in late 2012 they did change styling with the advent of the v.

With those nice lines it makes you wonder what a new Prius v body will look like.

*Now Toyota, PULLLEEAASE, give us a standard Li-ion battery, more powerful electric motors and hopefully that much improved engine we've been hearing about. Hybrids can be quick too, witness the BMW i8 not to mention several super cars from Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren, who care not a whit about mileage.

Prius rv likes this.
  2. Prius rv

Prius rv New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    No changes for 2016 Prius ZVW41W same as 2015 model its on Toyota website. But your right that the v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) looks the best with open back window. The new 2016 Prius liftback is Bigger with a new rear window view is the same size dimensions as the Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon). The Prius v drives and handles so much better then the other Prius's I have driven. More comfortable seats and open dash board configuration makes interior spacious. I love what you have done to your v Eric as I am looking to purchase and set up a P A wagon.jpg v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) much the same as you have yours sport touring only with Koni / eilbach shocks 1.2" drop front .8 drop rear. Are you Happy with Cusco frame stiffeners and sway bars? It has to really tighten up changing the whole cars ride. I know you said the Injen air filter made a big difference as well. What other things have you done to your car to improve it? You seem to have a pretty Sweet ride your driving there Eric.

3. Eugene Sanchez

Eugene Sanchez Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The Prius v wagon isn't an eye catcher, but it sure is one of those cars that grows on you. It took me 6 months of car researching, looking on the internet, renting various cars etc.I considered the regular Prius hatchback, the Subaru Crosstrek and the Mazda 3 hatchback. But in the end i chose the Prius v wagon.

I definitely agree its lines are just simple, natural and flows right with a sleek motion. Its classically simple, and retains the feel and look of a smaller car but inside its surprisingly roomy. From it's rear and front 3/4 views, its appears almost boat-like.

In the new remake of the Prius v wagon, whenever that maybe rumors 2017-18 model. I'd like to see more contour lines of motion, maybe some volume over the wheels and swooping down the sides. If the 2016 Prius hatchback is an indicator of influencing the design i'd only like to see the front head lights on the v, the rest of the new design of the 2016 hatchback just seems too much and conflicted. It seems Toyota is giving an almost "Oragami-esque" folded panel appearance to the 2016 Prius Hatchback and Lexus RX and NX models. While i dont mind some unique quarks here and there. Having them everywhere can be distracting.

I dont know how much of the exterior aerodynamics influences the mpg, but if the new redesigned v's have a more effective lithium ion battery, they should compromise the aerodynamic exteriors just a little to add more subjective personality to the exterior in the form of flowing curves and a little bit volume along the wheels.Or on the other hand a more modular paneled rugged outdoors look like the Dodge Cobalt will also be fitting for a long range road cruiser. For extra details like the rear tail-light paneling maybe adding some flair like the new 2016 Civic's or Honda Fit more angular and sharp rear lights would be cool.