1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Why wait -- start saving gas and saving the atmosphere right now!

2. kittykat

kittykat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I might have to check into that! Do you know the name of the dealership? Thanks.

3. PriChik

PriChik New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just put myself on the waitlist last Monday for a package #2 in first choice silver pine mica and second choice peaside pearl.

I cant wait! I feel like I am seeing Prius cars everywhere now...!

4. KAR IDEA

KAR IDEA Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Perhaps this suggestion has already been posted, however, I did not have the patience to wade through 42 pages.

I cannot stress this enough (so in bold I will say)...Take the first one that's available. Disregard the color. We waited and waited for a barcelona red back in december, and it really cost us time and money. Our order had been placed in October 07, and finally we caved in December 07 and took a silver 08 that was just sitting in the lot. After owning the car for several months now, we realize that the color just doesn't matter much compared with the machine you are investing in! We put the dealer through it's paces as well on that order...in the end it seemed that Toyota dealers were limited by the HQ's decision to ship certain colors to certain ports, and that depending on where you live, you only have certain colors available to you.

Just our 2 cents.

Dave

5. harley98

harley98 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have good news... and suggestions. I put myself on a wait list, with a refundable deposit and they told me that the wait should be 10-12 weeks. I spoke with a friend of mine and she suggested that I continue to shop around so I did. I got a call from various delearships and one of them had to move a car and sold me a package six four hours after the call at sticker price. Don't give up! If you are on a wait list, keep looking, you will find your Prius! Good luck!

6. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Click on moderntoyota.com, click "New in-stock," then type in make (Toyota) then model (Prius) and up pops the 2 that I saw yesterday. The picture shows Barcelona Red Touring, but the actual cars are Super White and Seaside Pearl, both standard. The sight says call for pricing - the window sticker was $24.3K plus change. The above web-site gives there specific address, phone, etc. Good luck!:D

7. ranchogirl

ranchogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have to say I disagree with this. Dealers are banking on people making fly-by-night impulse decisions. We turned down a Silver Pine Mica because I really REALLY don't like that color on the Prius. We also turned down several lower packages when we really wanted a package 6. I'm glad we waited, because we got what we really wanted.

Rather, I'd suggest instead opening yourself up to more than one color. I told my salesman any color but these two or three. I also told him what my first choice would be but let him know that I was open to the other colors.

I was lucky though, I did get my first choice color.

8. nazzy

nazzy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I own the Seaside color as of three weeks ago...very nice..you'll get many compliments on the Seaside Pearl Blue, if you get that one.:)

9. kscableguy

kscableguy Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I agree some....we also turned down a Prius or two in our wait. Either didn't like the color or the package was too much or not enough. Looking back I wish I would have known how tight the market was at first, as I had a shot at a silver pine mica package #2 or 3, can't remember, and thought I could find one bellow sticker. Stupid me!!!!

10. LittlePinkSequin

LittlePinkSequin New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree - figure out where you're flexible and where you're not & go from there. I got a call from my dealership with a silver pine mica package 5 or 6, but I didn't want that color or package. A week or so later, got another call saying that my Prius "was in production exactly as requested it." I'll be picking up my magnetic gray pkg #3 touring in a few days. :)

11. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Anyone here waiting over 10 weeks for their Prius??
    Seems like they are finally coming in...albeit slowly...

Congrats to all the new Prius owners and welcome to the new WLers !!!

12. amyz

amyz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been on the list since June 10 - last week the dealership said that the car had been alloted to them (Spectra Blue, yippeee!!) but needed to have the interior switched out for leather - we check back about every 10 days or so...trying not to be a pain but too excited to wait much long. According to the dealership, I should have it by next Wednesday - not holding my breath but I'm sooooo tired of filling up my Explorer!

13. katieoh

katieoh New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    been on the list exactly 1 month and 1 day. i seriously am going crazy, i swear all the prii in western pa have their nav systems set to pass me in my crappy saturn vue every time i go out. i came out of target today and one was parked next to me and i got a little misty-eyed. D:

14. cjm45

cjm45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have been on the waiting list since June 7th. They told me possible 5 months to get my seaside pearl, Silver Touring package 5 or 6. Last Saturday my dealer called and said they had a silver package 6 that someone changed their mind on. I ask if it was a Touring. I was so excited. It was not a touring. I passed on it but wonder if I did the right thing. I really want a touring. Does anyone know is it worth waiting for a Touring or should I have taken the other one???

15. acidburn517

acidburn517 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been on the list since May 8 for my spectra blue/seaside pearl touring package#2 and was #12 originally on the list. So i'm now nearing 12 weeks. As of early june, I was still number 6 on the waitlist. At this rate, I'm probably gonna get an 09.

I really want a touring but I am actually considering getting a base in a higher package because it looks like tourings are almost impossible to come by.

16. m2mazda6

m2mazda6 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    WOO WHO:p:p I pick up my Sliver Pine tomorrow Wednesday after work

17. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^
    wow, acid...
    you're probably the most "senior" WLer here !!
    I've also heard the tourings are longer waits, so if you really are considering a non-touring, you'd have better luck....hang in there !!

18. Tardis Wannabe

Tardis Wannabe New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have been on the wait list since May 20th. I am supposed to get a spectra blue mica touring #5 this week!:D

Funny thing is, I hadn't wanted to buy the touring but then changed my mind and since I was at the top of the list ....

While I've been waiting I've been tormenting another dealer who called and said they had a car. Turns out he wanted $8,000 over MSRP. No wonder he has a car on the lot. He talked himself down to about $800 over MSRP before I told him to go away.:roll:

19. amyz

amyz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A local dealership (Boch Toyota - #1 in New England) told me that they've only seen a few Touring Edition's come through their doors - we were originally set on the Touring and decided that since the wait was so iffy (couldn't even get an approximate wait time) that we'd stick to the base model.

20. cjm45

cjm45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    That is scarry. I did not know they do less tourings. My dealer did tell me I am next on the list for a touring. I guess that could still be a few months off.:confused: