1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kittykat

kittykat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, my dealer finally called me today:p & I still didn't get MY car but they were offering me another car in a color that I really didn't want. He said the guy who does the allotments knows that I've been on the list a long time(May 1st) & they really want to try & get me a car. After much agonizing I passed on that one because he's pretty sure that I should get my car soon. I hope that I didn't make a mistake not taking that one but I will be living with this car for a long time & I want it to be a color that I really like! Keep fingers crossed for me.

2. CADDY

CADDY New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just picked up my 2008 Prius today. Package #6 Magnetic Gray. I can't wait to get some road time. The Dealer tried to sale me a Enhanced Electrical parkage for $1800 (10 yrs coverage) saying the biggest problems with Hybrid is the electrical issue. Can anyone give me some advise on this?

Trade Caddy (06 CTS) for Prius.

3. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Will your car be an 08 or 09? My wife and I put a deposit down June 9 for an 09 Prius and they told us it could take up to 6 months!!!:(

4. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

It sounds better for you than for my wife and I. We put a deposit down for a 2009 Prius on June the 9th and they told us it could be up to 6 months. For the bisque in a #2 package. We did this in Lansing, Michigan.

5. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    My wife and I put a deposit down on a 2009 Prius with pkg. #2 on June the 9th and they told us it would 4-6 months. Maybe sooner but they felt better giving us this for a time frame. Hopefully with this gas situation that it comes in much sooner!!!!!!

6. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Is this a 08 or 09 Prius that you are getting??? We put a deposit down June 9 and they told my wife and I that it would be at least 4 to 6 months for delivery!!!!!!!!!

7. DLHDMRH

DLHDMRH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Will this be an 08 or 09 Prius??? They told us it would be 4-6 months when we put our deposit down on June the 9th for a 2009.

8. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    it is a 2008. the 2009s haven't started to ship.

9. MJ77

MJ77 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    katieoh - I feel your pain. I am waiting for mine in Western PA as well. I bought mine from the Toyota in Pittsburgh on June 30th and they are saying 6 months. Haven't gotten an update from them since then.

On top of that my wife and I are watching reruns of the show Weeds on showtime and the main character JUST BOUGHT A PRIUS! I'm going crazy

10. kufey

kufey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Made a deposit on April 30. Received Prius on July 11th. Touring #6

11. acidburn517

acidburn517 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Based on this this. They stopped taking orders for the 08's in april. Production of the 09's start in August. Anything shipping now is the last of the 08 production line so I think it would be safe to conclude that any car recieved in or after september will be an '09

12. KAR IDEA

KAR IDEA Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Yes, that IS lucky, considering that now there is such a high demand. Our experience may have been unique. We waited for the color we wanted, and because of that our trade in kept lowering in value...and I would say that impulse buy would occur in the first week for a buyer, after waiting a couple of MONTHS (or half a year now as the case may be), it becomes a surrender buy.

...and the dealer was nice once we decided to take the Silver one because they took $500 off sticker in compensation for my lowered trade in value.

I also got that "...Prius is in production exactly as you requested..." line, and the truth is, Toyota does NOT make cars to order. Found that out after talking to Toyota customer service and I was told that the dealers get what they get, from the ports. Yes, it's true that when you are with your dealer at the dealership, they put the order in the system exactly as the car you are seeking, but if it's not at the port they receive their cars from then you're SOL. Your magnetic gray pkg #3 touring is probably at the port nearest your dealer, and was built LONG before you ordered it (Thank goodness)!

I really like our Touring...it was worth the wait in the end. However, from reading up on the mod's forum, I believe you can turn a base into a touring if you want to. I took a Touring based solely on the fact that I was driving a WRX before the Prius, and was looking for a wee bit more performance than the basic could offer. It's certainly NOT a WRX, but well, you get the point, right? All in all I really like the way the Touring handles and feels on the road, it's really more than I expected.

...and yes, the Tourings are a very small percentage of all the Prii made. For example: Of all Prii made, only 7% are Touring. From that 7%, 4% are red, 4% are light blue, a whopping 37% of them are silver (I don't recall the other color percentages...). My dealer showed me those numbers from his "cheat sheet"...

13. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You have 3 yrs or 36000 miles to purchase the extended coverage. You can get it here on PC for half the price. If you search here on PC for electrical issues, you will see the dealer is full of it.
    Hope This helps!

14. Woodman

Woodman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "...and yes, the Tourings are a very small percentage of all the Prii made. For example: Of all Prii made, only 7% are Touring. From that 7%, 4% are red, 4% are light blue, a whopping 37% of them are silver (I don't recall the other color percentages...). My dealer showed me those numbers from his "cheat sheet"...

I think you may have seen a monthly regional allocation sheet (landscape format?). I saw it at at least two dealers I went to. Its probably safe to generalize from it to some degree, but I wouldn't say 37% of '08 tourings are silver. Packages 2-6 were ~85% of all Prius delevered in the sheets I saw. For instance, the base model (no package, 1220) was about 20, of 700, and Tourings were about 35 of 700 for the Boston region, for April delivery. With numbers so small, percentage swings in the colors made, etc. are easier to understand. Next month could be 37% magnetic grey...

Since this is my first post to this thread, I'll take a seat at one of the folding chairs and say:

I'm Chris.
    As of last weekend, I'm on 3 wait lists for a 1220 base model, 6 of 9 colors OK. Since 7/4, hearing 2 to 4 months, but with the wait list and ~15 base models going among 73 dealers every month its a crap shoot. We'll see.

15. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I really like our Touring...it was worth the wait in the end. However, from reading up on the mod's forum, I believe you can turn a base into a touring pretty cheaply. I took a Touring based solely on the fact that I was driving a WRX before the Prius, and was looking for a wee bit more performance than the basic could offer. It's certainly NOT a WRX, but well, you get the point, right? All in all I really like the way the Touring handles and feels on the road, it's really more than I expected.

How???

16. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've been on a wait list since June 20th. At that time I put down $1000 for the downpayment. I've only heard from salesperson a couple of times. He called today to offer me a "red" base model package they had up for grabs. I turned it down hoping my orginal black package 3 or 4 will arrive. I did inform him that I will accept Gray as another color and if something with a higher package comes I'd be interested.

Wedge

17. katieoh

katieoh New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    hahahahaha, i love those episodes of weeds. especially when the gangster guy [don't remember his name] buys a whole fleet of them and says that they're good for sneaking up on people.

18. boxer93

boxer93 Psyched for PHEV

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Chris,
    I was in a similar situation. I wanted a base 1220 (for the hymotion L5). The salesman put in for a #2 because I had a better chance of getting one before my install date. He called last week (9 week wait) with a base that was available. Picked it up 7/10 and I have a whole 109 miles on it :D
    Good Luck with the base. Hopefully you're not paying over MSRP.
    Chris

19. PattiRose

PattiRose New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi--
    Ordered my Prius on June 13th, my salesman told me November. :(

I'll wait as long as I need to, to get mine. I totalled a 2005. So sad.

20. cjm45

cjm45 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I am not sure which I will get. My dealer said it could be either an 08 or 09 depending on when it comes in. the one they called me about was a 2008 but not a Touring. Did they tell you when the 2009's will come out? Did you order a Touring?