1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    you've probably seen the post saying that there's no "rush" on the extended warranty; you can decide on that at any time PRIOR TO the expiration of the regular, 3yr / 36k warranty. AND ... congratulations to you on your Mag Gray / Pkg 6!!!!! enjoy the road time ....

say what??? you only had to wait six weeks for a Touring #6??? congrats to you as well, and ... what color did you get? was it your first choice?

that IS sad ... but i'm hoping YOU'RE well! you didn't say; was that a 2005 Prius you totalled? best of luck to you! and here's hoping your wait will not be as long as you think ....

congratulations to you hmm_i_see!!!!! (love your user-name, by the way!) with a wait of less than five weeks, it seems you're one of the truly lucky ones! by the way ... which package did you get?

2. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    please don't tell us you're still on the original tank of gas just because the car looks SOOOO nice in the driveway!!! ( snicker .... )

actually... my wife and i are planning to fill up the tank on ours every two weeks or so - that's IF we ever get it!!! - just so we can know what sort of mileage we're getting with it.

11 weeks ... i believe that makes you the "Senior" Wait-Lister; or close to it. we were originally told "six to eight weeks" and it will be exactly eight weeks as of tomorrow ....

SOOO happy for you! color? pkg? we're still hoping to get a Seaside Pearl / Pkg #3 ... but may end up settling for another color and a Pkg 2 ....

3. kscableguy

kscableguy Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well we just got back from the dealer (Emporia Motors of Emporia, KS) and we have a nice 2008 Barcelona Red Package #3 sitting in my garage now. FYI, Clint Bowyer who races in the Nascar Sprint Cup Series use to work at this dealership.

Unfortunately they didn't want to give me a good price on my trade (2005 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited Edition), so we now have 3 cars. So going to have to try to see that sucker off quick. Good dealership, just something things just didn't work out just right, but overall a great experience. Pic from my iPhone.

[​IMG]

4. Woodman

Woodman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    "It's a 1220 with 'package' 1.... at least I got one - - a great car that I saved about 3k on by not getting package 3. I think an upgraded stereo SHOULD be less than 3k."

Congrats! Ditto on the pkg jumbo. We're on for a 1220 and plan to add cruise, which is the only material conveinience we'd miss, IMO.

Dealer 2 (of3) called last night offering a Spectra blus 1224/pkg2/HG in two weeks. We've been on list for 2 weeks. 24,369 plus ~$279 in non-TTL fees. We said no. Rats, really like that color and I'm sure many reading this would have jumped, but we know how that goes.

5. hypnogirl

hypnogirl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What's a 1220 and a 1224? I don't think I have seen that before??

Still waitin'..mine should've been delivered to the dealer yesterday....:confused:

6. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    We initially thought a base was the deal until we learned about the safety aspects of vehicle stability control and the backup camera, both included in package 2. We ended up with Pkg 3 primarily because I wanted XM radio on the display unit with full 16 characters, which the dealer claimed required the JBL radio of pkg 3.

7. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  8. zugzugg

zugzugg New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well, I just got an update from my dealer, I'm #3 on the list for a super white basic. ETA September. I was going to upgrade to a pkg 2 for the back up camera, but that would be approx another $1900 more.

What do you guys think about the price for $400 for toyota installed back up sensors[​IMG]

thanks[​IMG]

9. Son of Gloin

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    here's an update regarding our eventual purchase of a Prius:

twelve days ago -- after more than 2 weeks of hearing NOTHING from the salesman / dealership in Kokomo, my wife and i decided to get on a second waiting list at Andy Mohr Toyota in Avon, IN ... the far west side of Indianapolis.

six days ago -- the salesman from Andy Mohr called and said ... "we don't have the non-Touring / Pkg 3 / Seaside Pearl that you want, but we do have a non-Touring / Pkg 2 / Driftwood Pearl available TODAY at MSRP; do you want it?" i did ... but my wife decided she REALLY doesn't like that color after all. so we passed on it.

two days ago -- the salesman from Andy Mohr called a second time and said ... "according to our latest allocation, we'll be getting a non-Touring / Pkg 3 / Classic Silver Metallic within two to four weeks ... available at MSRP; shall i put your name next to it?" well ... DUH!!!!!

as of now -- it SEEMS we'll be receiving our preferred Pkg # in our second choice of colors at MSRP no later than about the middle of August ....

we shall see ....

( if you think this "update" is long ... you should try reading my novel-in-progress .... )

10. Woodman

Woodman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    There's a good article on the technology here:
    Stability Control: Get Your Yaw-Yaws Out!
    I agree VSC makes a car marginally more safe. In the case of the Prius, its just too expensive for the benefit, IMO. Fundametally speaking, its a front drive / front engined car, which is generally the easiest platform to handle.

Sorry to be OT. I'll go elsewhere for more on the options, I promise.

11. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

^^^
    Did you leave downpayments at all these places???

12. joyceww

joyceww New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am wondering whether to get on other waiting lists and make more deposits. I put a deposit down a little over two weeks ago with Herb Chambers in Auburn MA. I spoke with my salesman today and he said it would be two months or more likely three, unless I got lucky with cancellations. It would make quite a difference if I could get my Prius before Oct 1 as it would be exempt from CT sales tax. This is apparently a big dealership so I don't know if my odds will improve a lot with other dealers and I am nervous about whether I will have any trouble getting my deposits back. Does anybody have any information about getting deposit refunds?

13. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    It's looking more and more each day that it may end up being a 2009 which would be fine with us. Assuming they don't go playing the shell game with standard vs optional features and what comes with which package, jacking up the prices.

14. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK, for all of you patiently awaiting your Prius, here is an interesting fact. Your prius may be the only vehicle on earth that appreciates in value. I've been driving my 2006 for a couple of years now, took it in for the 20,000 mile checkup and the dealer offered me more for the car than I originally paid for it. Since I don't want to wind up on a waiting list myself, I respectfully declined.

15. Happy_2008_PriusPkg2Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm delighted to find this topic !

I'm "down" at my local dealer for the first 2009 - but he says he's got totally no idea when it'll be here. He's got my $500.00 and I've got the shaft !!!

plus - how the heck do I find a buyer for my current 2008 pkg2 red pri.... and time it all with the unknown arrival of the new '09.

This is madness : )

16. yellowdog

yellowdog New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Waiting since 5.19.08..............9 & 1/2 weeks.

Ordered a Magnetic Gray #3 with leather and Sirius from Spartan Toyota in Lansing (They claim to get the most Prius of anyone in Michigan)

They are filling orders from May.....but not mine....yet.

Anticipa-a-tion....It's making me wait!

Honeslty I currently Drive a GMC 1998 Savana Full Size Van right now. I think I could have paid for the prius in cash if I could have saved the amount $ I spend in gas each week.:frusty:

17. Happy_2008_PriusPkg2Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I "Googled" Southeast Toyota ("the" Toyota distributor for the southeastern part of the US) and found their web site. Next I clicked the Prius icon and it showed me 446 vehicles.

Then it let me play around with packages and accessories - and it said that many of the cars were available as early as August 8. These were all 2008 models.

Very cool. Now - if I can just figure out how to "see" my 2009 Prius that's been on order here at Butler Toyota in Macon, GA for some time.

And hey - pardon me for sayin' so - not hard at ALL to look at your picture !

18. mrcastro

mrcastro New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    This Sunday I went down to Longo Toyota and put down a deposit for a 2009 Magnetic Gray Package 6. The sales guy estimated 4 to 6 months for delivery of most 2009. Being that Gray is one of the most popular, and it is the color I want, he told me to expect closer to 6 months. :(

After only a few days, I am going back and adding Black and Blueas my second and third color options but making it a touring model. I hope adding the additional colors speeds things up. On the same token, I hope making it a touring model doesn't affect it much.

Has anyone who ordered an 09 model heard from their dealer?

19. acidburn517

acidburn517 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    AFAIK, tourings are harder to come by than regular ones (only about 7% of total production). This is how I ended up with a non-touring version because it was going to be another 2 months (maybe) in my already 4 month wait.

Most people with the Tourings though say it's worth the wait. I think I would have preferred waiting too but I needed a car sooner rather than later.

Also, the initial delivery of 2009s is expected in mid September according to this

20. Mendryl

Mendryl New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Wonderful group. ordered my 2008 spectra blue package 6 on may 10. picked it up today:p. so happy. actually had mind blank on the way home and missed two exits!. so many new toys to play with. to those who are still waiting.......its worth it!