1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Leslie_M

Leslie_M Waiting is the hardest part...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I sure have - hot song.

I had emailed a dealership in Nashville and without putting down a deposit, a salesman called and told me he had a white, pkg 6, touring model available if I wanted it. I said yes, and he emailed me the 'quote'. Turns out, they were tacking on a $3500 'fee'. So I called him on it - and he said it was not something that he could remove. I said "If you will sell me that car at full MSRP, you've got it sold" and he said "no deal". Boy that ticked me off. I told him to keep his car and lose my number. :)

2. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If the avatar is you, I'll bet you say that to all the guys.
    ;)

ZC1

3. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    LOL! It's me and my 'cool' look. :cool:

I just found a Toyota dealership's website in KY (not sure which city off-hand) and according to their site they had, in stock, a white package 5. I just emailed them to see if it's a bunch of crap and while I don't have my hopes up I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4. cajunbum

cajunbum New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I THINK my wait will end in three weeks, which will make a total of eight. We were told to expect six to twelve weeks. We got the call that it will hit Houston on June 28 and should arrive here within six days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll believe it when I'm driving it off the lot. We were very specific on color (silver pine mica) and package (3) and were willing to wait, which has been much tougher than I expected! I hope it really does get here then, and I hope all of you get yours soon!

5. Casey123

Casey123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had a similiar experience. I hadnt put down a deposit and was called by a salesmen telling me he had a Prius 1500 over msrp for the first interested buyer. I told him keep it not interested in paying over msrp.

6. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I place my order on May 20th with a deposit. I'm waiting for Black with either package 3 or 4. My sales person knows that any of the higher packages are acceptable as long as it's black. I haven't talked to him since I placed the order and figure next week I'll call and see if I can get some details on where I stand in line. I've seen another Prius online at another dealer that's about 80 miles away and I need to call to see what the package is on it. From the price I'm guessing 1 or 2.
    It nice to read about everyone else's wait. Well I guess it's sort of a catch 22, if all of you people weren't waiting to get a Prius I'd be further up waiting list. :D

Wedge

PS Just did a price comparison with the MSRP and its a Base Prius.

7. lefat1

lefat1 Fat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    SET shows 213 in or coming in soon..go to toyota.com type in a zip code like 33415 to see the allocation coming to SET area

8. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^
    WOW, John,
    I didn't know you could actually see what's coming to your area!
    Will have to try this, i'm in FL too....;)

9. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Where on toyota.com? I can't find a place to put in a zip to find the allocations.

And wow!!! Check out the prices of what "Certified used" cars are going for!!:eek:

10. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^
    go to "shopping tools"
    hit "locate specials"
    type in your zip and find your local dealer
    and the crop of cars will appear...hit prius and voila....

im depressed again, many color blacks, but not in the dark interior I ordered !!! :(

11. kittykat

kittykat New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    at least you had some in your area! Of the 6 dealerships it brought up for me, not 1 of them had any listed. I guess that means they don't have any coming in either??? Does anybody know about that?

12. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Leslie,

I hope the white Pkg #5 in KY is there for you & available for you to buy, but I don't want to burst your bubble. When I was in my 6 month wait, I discovered a Prius that would be acceptable to me at a dealership about 35-40 miles away (still listed for immediate sale on a Saturday night after closing time), so on Monday morning I took time off from work to be there when the dealer's doors opened [so hopefully I wouldn't lose out on it (& took the stock/inventory # with me)]. I asked the 1st salesman I saw about the car & he said they didn't have any Priuses for sale & hadn't even seen any for some time, so I gave him the stock#. He took it to the sales or inventory manager & returned to me with him to tell me the bad news. It seems they had sold that car over a month before but just forgot to take it off their on-line inventory list. Boy, was I upset & I let them know how unfair it was to get somebody's hopes up like that. I wish you better luck & news when you open up your return e-mail from the KY dealership & hope your wait will be over soon.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

13. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Woohoo! Just received the offical email from the salesman. My car is in transit to the dealership and my window is June 16th- 24th. I also received my VIN.

Only a one month wait for my black package 2! I was surprised because the dealer wanted me to give him more options, but I got my first choice! woot!!!

14. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Most of those are already reserved by people on wait lists, at least in the SET area. There are not going to be too many that are going straight to the lots.

15. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No worries on bursting my bubble. Ironically, nobody from their sales department has called me this morning AND the prius I saw last night is gone from their site. So I'm sure it's a similiar situation to what you experienced. But I have to say, if I had driven there to find out that the Prius wasn't on the lot, I would have been PO'd. :mmph: Were you upset when that happened to you?

Congrats, Captn. Fantastic! :high5:You'll have to share pics with us when it comes in.

16. nick88

nick88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Can we all post what number we are on the waiting list? I was told I'm #22 for a Touring and the wait is 3-6 months! (Oh please let it come in sooner!).

17. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Nick - I'm number 13 overall. But my dealer has told me that I'll probably get mine sooner (rather than later) because I want a package 6. :blah: Now, that could be BS, but who knows.

I'm willing to wait. :)

18. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    In '04, we got ours after searching ebay for a couple months, so we could get all the options with a lower price. Finally we found a soldier who didn't want to go back to the middle east, so he had to 'sell quick' and get out. So w/ tax & license, we spent under $20K for our package 9 (modernly considered pack6) Said it before, but there's always a couple dozen or more Gen II's at the online autions websites.
    What's the big deal if someone else got to drive the first 5K-10K miles? Our economy must not be hurtng as much as one hears in the media, that so many folks can afford to toss a few thousand extra bucks towards transportation.

19. nick88

nick88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi Leslie, you lucky girl you! I would love to been in the teens.

20. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I've tried this with three different zip codes and no vehicles come up listed. I mean NO Cars are listed. Not Prius, n ot 4runner nothing.

I think I'm missing something.

Wedge