1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. wedge40

wedge40 Waiting build character

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Seems this function only works for South Florida Toyota. It says there is a black package 3 coming in on the 25th.
    I'm guessing not all dealers are subscribing to this feature.

2. Leslie_M

Leslie_M Waiting is the hardest part...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'd get a previously owned Prius in a heartbeat - no doubt. But all the ones that I've found are priced at the same price, or higher than, a brand new one. I figure - why not just wait for a new one when I'm spending the same amount of money at the end of the day?

The only exception to this (that I've found) is on ebay for cars that have a salvage title - but my hubby doesn't like that idea so I'm back to square one.

But I'm still looking - every single day I cruise through craiglist and ebay just looking for a surprise.

3. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think this feature only works for Toyota dealerships in the southeast, and from what I researched this includes: GA, FL, NC, and SC.

I'm in TN, so the Toyota region for my state includes: MI, OH, and KY. The dealerships in my region don't show the allocations unfortunately.

Now, if someone sees something different feel free to correct me.

4. xrayspex

xrayspex New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello...I'm the new guy...

Mine's been on order for a little over three weeks now. My dealer says its "not in production" yet.
    BTW, I ordered the touring model fully loaded...

i was told 6-8 weeks wait .......no sense whining, its worth the wait!!

5. Cornsevs

Cornsevs New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just over 3 weeks in to a (supposed) 8 week wait. I won't miss driving a 1998 Jeep Wrangler with a 2 month old baby and no air conditioning!

6. lordbah

lordbah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Waited 7 weeks so far. Losing hope that I'll get one this year.

7. acidburn517

acidburn517 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    4+ wks for me. Still waiting for my Touring package 2. Last time I checked I was still #12 on the list and my dealer said "maybe" september. Sigh. Waiting sucks.

8. My2008Prius

My2008Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For those folks searching the southeast for a Toyota, try BuyaToyota.com as this is the official site for SET.

Otherwise, I think the Gulf States Toyota dealers may have their own site and the remainder of the US uses Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories

As for the dealer that I purchased the Prius from they have 0 new ones as of today, and two used ones on the lot... a 2007 with 37,340 miles @ $24,995 and a 2006 with 40,347 miles for $24,991.

This would be Ernie Palmer Toyota in Jacksonville FL, that has these used on the lot.

In checking other dealerships in Jacksonville area, only one other dealer, Arlington Toyota, has one used one and it's an 07 with 33,095 miles for $24,995.

For new inventory, none have any until Monday and they're probably spoken for already... Good luck to all

9. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I think that you are right, I know when I was searching all around Kentucky, Tennessee and Indiana, they never showed what vehicles were being allocated to them.

10. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

11. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do not put too much stock in the southeast toyota "inventory" website. My prius popped up there for a day as being in my dealer's inventory then mysteriously dissapeared when it shipped. There are more prii on the way than what the website says.

12. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Look harder !
    Here's one that that you missed. It sold just a few days ago ... fully loaded, under $18K from a seller w/ 100% perfect feedback:

eBay Motors: Toyota : Prius (item 140239917077 end time Jun-08-08 21:42:38 PDT)&

Heck for a price like that, you could of shipped it to your door for a grand, and still been out the door under $19K.

13. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well that sucks. Not sure how I missed that one!! :mad: And I love that color (my neighbor has one in that exact color).

14. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^^^

I REALLY want to believe this, but seems it's not so, from my (still) lonnnng wait !!! :(

15. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, I suppose I should explain. There are more prii "on the way" to the dealership than what the inventory says. However, most of them are spoken for I would suppose!

For example, My prius. My prius popped up on the inventory last week and was allocated to come to my dealership. The dealer called me later that day and said that it is on its way and should be here before the expected delivery date. Well, later that evening, POOF!, my prius disappeared from the online inventory even though it is on its way.

16. John Michael

John Michael New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Last week I put $2,000 down on a Prius Touring Sedan and Pkg #6 in Red, with some options. Didn't allow for any other style or color - guess I will be one of the record waiting periods. Marietta, Georgia in the Southeast region. Salesman said six to eight weeks and maybe twelve. Premium above MSPR was $2,000. Assuming I ever get it, I will be paying more than I did for my Surburban LT. In the Atlanta area last week was about the peak for gasoline prices. Every one of the five dealerships I went to had people ahead of me to talk about buying a Prius - gas had just hit $4.00 a gallon in the Atlanta area with every promise of going on much higher. Lots of folks wanted that 60 MPG. I notice now that Congress is talking about allowing more exploration and drilling and OPEC is increasing production, so I guess gasoline will stabilize under $4.00. Story of my life - buy high, sell low and get in on the point of greatest demand to add spice to the whole thing. I am still looking forward to my Prius - and you are right - it may well end up becoming a 2009. Wonder how much the dealership will gouge me on that... Great forum. It has been nice to learn of others' experience.

17. dmichael

dmichael New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We just put our name on the list in Santa Maria a week ago, for a Package 6 Touring. We were told 16 to 18 weeks, so it looks like it will be October.

Very hard waiting. Sigh........

18. beckaloulou

beckaloulou New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am number one for seaside blue package 2 (I also have spectra, Barcelona,and silver pine mica on my list) I dont think that means much I have been in this same spot for about 16 days !!!!!

19. puvat

puvat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I agree, it doesn't mean much till you have one in your garage/driveway. I am #1 on the list with the dealer for a Touring Pkg 3 in NJ, three weeks into waiting. I wanted Pkg 2 and the dealer took a $500 deposit while indicating a waiting period of 6-8 weeks. Then, and not surprisingly, the dealer called to say Pkg 2 is unavailable in Touring, and bumped me up to Pkg 3. I am also being told that the wait could be between 3 to 6 months.

Would love to see other manufacturers bring hybrids to market soon. A spot of competition from across the street could help a dealer work to make an honest sale !

20. Shimpy

Shimpy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am new here and just put my non-refundable deposit of a 2008 #2 in any color except red or black (secretly hoping for the silver pine mica). It will be sold at MSRP and I'm told 2-6 months.
    If anyone lives in the Tampa Bay area, Wesley Chapel Toyota is getting a silver #6 for $2K over MSRP next week. As of Saturday, no one has spoken for it! We just can't stretch our budget enough to afford the #6 + $2K.