1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations to all the new owners. Yellowdog and Toothydaclown have graduated from the list. Steevr and Plurp have come forward to go on the list. Here's the new list :

The Seniors on the List Updated .

1. Sands 4/21 (A Touring Model):first:
    2. Garymon 5/20 (A Touring Model):second:
    3. Rcaine 5/24 (A Touring Model) That's me:p:third:
    4. dwreed3rd 5/28 (A Touring Model)
    4. Turboboy 5/28 (A Touring Model)
    4. plurp 5/28
    7. steevr 5/??

Next big allocation list on 9/18. :);):);)

2. steevr

steevr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    We told them we'd go with a Touring or Base, whichever came in first. Been waiting since 5/19. Thanks.

3. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Seniors on the List Updated .

2. Steevr 5/19
    :second:
    3. Garymon 5/20 (A Touring Model) :third:
    4. Rcaine 5/24 (A Touring Model) That's me:p
    5. dwreed3rd 5/28 (A Touring Model)

5. Turboboy 5/28 (A Touring Model)
    7. plurp 5/28

4. gungadin

gungadin New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Called my dealer in Dayton today. He tells me we are down to 11 or 12 on the list and the most recent allocation that came out this month has them getting 8. Is there a second allocation? Did I read it correctly that the dealers get 2 allocations each month? If so, then we might get ours by the end of September, who knows? Wish I could see the allocations listings for Ohio. The BuyaToyota.com site shows nothing for Ohio, KY, TN, MI, IN like the SE region does.

Whats frustrating is I'm in Seattle all week and there are more Prii around here than Carter has peanuts! They even have Prii taxis here! ARRRGGGHHH!!!! I WANT MY PRIUS!!!!:mad: :frusty:

5. bubbacs

bubbacs New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am so loath to post now.
    Seems the more I have waited and the more I read, I must be VERY lucky!

Hello, and yes........I am a NewB. :eek:
    I have had my '08 #3 since July 11th.
    I have a long version, but the short one would seem better now since I have waited so long to post.
    I went to the dealer, tested a Yaris, watched as a transport truck pulled in with 5 Prius's onboard.
    I asked about the Red and/or Blue one.
    The Red one is available they said........I bought it right there and then.
    No waiting list, no deposit.
    Sorry about those waiting still, but something or someone told me to go there that day.
    And I have been having a ball everyday since.

P.S. Best MPG/Tank 60.75/565
    I paniced @ 2 pips left and did a fillup! :cool:

6. chickie

chickie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    On the list since July 7; I recently changed colors to a seaside pearl, package 6. Today my dealer (North Palm Beach, Florida) said they'll be getting their first '09s in later this month. I was 91 on the list two weeks ago; they do not know how many cars they'll be allotted each shipment. I have a bet with myself that I'll have my car by Halloween....

7. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Allocations will vary. You should be able to follow things on buyatoyota.com since Florida is in the Southeastern region. If you want a Standard Model (1224) you should be able to use the stealth mode to sneak up on kids Halloween night. If your waiting for a Touring (1226) I would not be as optimistic.:p

8. tanner9868

tanner9868 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Guess I need to be added to the frustrated seniors group :(( . I ordered Pkg #2-Spectra Blue and was told 14-16 weeks on May 31. Well last week I was told the person right before me was supposed to get their's by the end of this month. Then today I was called saying they had a Seaside Pearl coming at the end of Sept. if I wanted to change my color order? When I said it should only be at most a cple more weeks just to wait for the Spectra Blue, the salesman calls back and said it would be appx. an additional 7-9 weeks for the right color!!! I am so confused... Do you think he is just trying to force me into a diff color? My wife REALLY wants the darker color, but I want it sooner.... We also think the lighter one is a 08. We are currently playing phone tag and keeps forgetting to tell me the year!

Thanks for all the great tips and info...

9. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced

I'll add you as number 8 on the next posting of the list. You also need to ask about which model as well. Tourings are hard to come by. Standards are about three times as common. We've expaned our color list to four different colors we'll take if the model is the right one. I've turned down two standards waiting for my Touring but we might be tempted to take now at the next allocation. Keep us posted on what you hear. :D:D:D

10. gunguy05

gunguy05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Ok. I am about to being my wait. Talked it out with the dealer today after he called me back from two weeks ago. He finally decided to come up to bat. I also talked it out with the wife. So... go to go there. He said that he can have my classic silver/dark grey, package 2 by the end of the month. I am going tomorrow to put my 500 down and sign the paperwork. So.. we will see. The delivery date on the one I want on the toyota website says 9/30.

11. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Hello peeps. We've been lurkers on this site for about a year.

We ordered a Prius base, package 6, on 05/28/08 in Super White from Go Toyota in Centennial, Colorado. Since then, we've listed Silver Pine Mica is our preferred color but we've kept Super White as our backup color. We were told to expect a 16 to 18 week delay and, judging from our place on the list, that seems to be a pretty accurate prediction.

We're snowbirds with homes in CO and AZ. We plan to keep one car in each location and drive the Prius back and forth. Hope it gets here soon; its getting cold in CO and cooling down in AZ so it's time to fly!

We expect to be regular posters and buyers of stuff from the PriusChat Shop (I'm kind of a gadget guy and I love a good deal). Once our Prius gets here, that is!

Larry and Claudia

12. rcaine

rcaine Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Frustrated Seniors on the List Updated .

2. Steevr 5/19
    :second:
    3. Garymon 5/20 (A Touring Model) :third:
    4. Rcaine 5/24 (A Touring Model) That's me:p
    5. dwreed3rd 5/28 (A Touring Model)

5. Turboboy 5/28 (A Touring Model)
    5. plurp 5/28
    5. M8s 5/28
    9. Tanner9868

Lurkers keep showing up for the list. Hopefully we'll lose some members of the list on the 18th. Too soon to start the June list but I'm going to pass that one on to some other volunteer.:cool::cool::cool:

13. Avanhall

Avanhall New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Larry & Claudia:
    I too live in Colorado and ordered mine at Go around the same time you did. I got lucky and found a brand new one through Craigslist.org posted by Centennial Leasing. GO was good enough to let me out of the contract, and as of Friday, I am the proud owner of my new Prii! Hang in there, it is worth the wait!

14. M8s

M8s Retired and Lovin' It

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Verrry cool! I can't get over the mods you've done already. You must be a tinkerer.

I just got off the phone with my salesman. He tells me we're 3rd on the list and should be on the next allocation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

15. gunguy05

gunguy05 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Well, i put down my deposit today... let the wait begin. The dealer said 3 weeks, and the website says 9/30. So we will see.

16. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We waited 11 weeks, 3 days for ours. Interestingly I got a call from one of the sales staff yesterday -- message said the salesperson that sold us ours was in a serious auto accident and he'll be out for several months. The "new" guy just wanted to let me know that if I needed anything I could call him. When I called back to the dealership today I asked about getting on the list for an 09 -- "We're not taking deposits on the 09's yet, but we have five (5) O8's on the lot - 4 with pkg. 2 and 1 with pkg. 5". Not sure, but I think one is Barcelona Red, one is silver, the other three are blue. Not sure about the price, but this dealer is typically selling at MSRP -- maybe below at this point. The sales person said that some people have cancelled / taken themselves off the list. Guess they're holding out for the 210's or the new Insight. This dealer also sells Honda.

If it helps anyone -- Brown Toyota in Charlottesville, VA

17. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well I just put down $500 deposit to get on the PHEV list. I'm hoping that'll be the 2010 model. They couldn't give me a time of course but I should be one of the first to plug in!

18. PattiRose

PattiRose New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ordered my new Prius on 6/13, and I heard yesterday that my new baby is in! We are going to pick it up on Saturday morning. I can hardly stand it.:madgrin:

19. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Reading this makes me remember how excited I was when I flew out to pick mine up. Hang in there everyone, its so worth it!

Rob

20. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Update from my previous post -- three 08's left at the dealer. #1 - Spectra Blue with pkg. 2, #2 - Silver with pkg. 2, #3 Spectra Blue with pkg. 5. All selling at MSRP. After gas jumped 25-30 cents at most stations today I doubt they will be there after tomorrow. I am seriously considering buying my second one tomorrow.