1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. nooaah

nooaah New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm at week 3 of waiting. For some reason I'm near the top of the list so I've already been offered two cars that the first customer couldn't finance. I turned down a package #6 and I turned down a pckg #4 because it was green. Hopefully this week's offer will be in silver/white/mag grey. :D

2. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    my car will be here any time between now and thursday!!! woot!

3. atallap

atallap New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just got a call from the dealership and our silver touring package 6 finally came in! Won't believe it till I see it though. Good luck to everyone who's waiting.

4. Overtemp

Overtemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got on the list today. The light blue one for $21,815. I don't need all the other crap... I can read a map!

5. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's kind of the way I feel too ... won't believe it's actually in until I am sitting in it driving home :)

6. beckaloulou

beckaloulou New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got my call today!!!! Barcelona red (2nd choice) package 2 due date end of july first week of August!!!!!!!!!!

7. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We have a date!!!!

Hubby's Prius, Barcelona Red, will be here between 7/20 and 8/4. I'm more excited than he is!!

8. nick88

nick88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Excellent! How long was the wait for you two?

9. beckaloulou

beckaloulou New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    my wait was quoted at 1-5 weeks but it going to be 13 weeks when all is said and done.

10. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    what a WONDERFUL concept for a thread this is !!!

and what better thread than this could there be - at PriusChat - for me to make my first post?

just joined PriusChat today, and it seems MANY people - all across the country! -are in the same boat ... just because our new, respective "Prii" aren't yet on a boat themselves ....

greetings to you from Lafayette! i don't know what "number" i am at this time, but my wife and i placed a $500 deposit at a dealership in Kokomo for a seaside pearl / package #3 almost three weeks ago; on May 28th. we were told at THAT time that we were #8 on their list and it would "probably be six to eight weeks" - about the end of July - but, upon reading this entire thread, perhaps we'll be VERY lucky if we actually see it by then ....

11. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ^^^^
    Hi Shimpy,
    I'm still waiting for my call from TofTB, and I don't like silver color, otherwise, I would be at WCT!!

^^^^
    Congrats....I'm jealous!

^^^^^
    Oh becka, I hate to tell ya, I think it's just their "estimate" at this point...
    Hope not, for your sake!

^^^^^
    I didin't even get an estimated date....just a generic, "4-6 weeks, no, make that, 8-12"....

^^^^
    Yes, I was feeling all alone in my misery of waiting for my car when I started this thread...lol.....I do feel like I am not the only one anymore (thanks everyone)....at least we can moan and complain and hopefully congratulate one another in this thread !!! And welcome to all new soon-to-be Prius owners-on-a-waitlist !!!!

12. Casey123

Casey123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I was told by my dealer today in addition to the shortage of available prius that in the NY long Island area, there is some sort of trucking delivery problem slowing the reciept of the vehicles.

13. eko

eko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We were shopping at Toyota of Wesley Chapel and they wanted $31,000 for a Prius with Pkg 2 with no other options except cruise. Added costs were called market adjustments. Found the same vehicle at a different dealer for $26,100 out the door. We put our deposit down and should be in soon.
    No way I'm paying a so called market adjustment.....

14. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    the "trucking delivery problem" MAY have something to do with the high cost of diesel fuel these days! the drivers could be on strike because of that ... or ... perhaps they're simply so tired from having to deliver so many Hybrids - especially Prii - all over the country ....

15. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Our local dealer has 16 people on the waitlist, which they said is around 2 months. This is a change from having 3 Priuses available on the lot when we got ours in April.

The long waits also seem to be happening with the Honda Fit. My mother put a deposit on one last month, and she has no firm estimate as to when it will be arriving. It was supposed to be here last week, but no car yet...

16. Shimpy

Shimpy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Eko...what dealer did you end up going with? The best I have found is Courtesy Toyota of Brandon, but I have to wait 2-6 months! They are selling at MSRP which for my package #2 is $24,300 + tax.

17. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It will end up being just over 2 months is the first date is accurate. We had a couple of others we could have had but this is what he really wanted.

On another issue--we were driving on Saturday to see the White Sox play and the drive, which should have taken 50 minutes, took over 2 hours! My mpg went from 60 to 55 which bothered me more than the sitting in traffic!!

18. a_soccer_player

a_soccer_player Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi everyone, first time poster here. I've ordered my Prius when I found out that I am moving (due to military) on July 1st and just got called from the Toyota dealership that I have been working with who said that my Prius is there waiting for me!!! Appearently, other dealerships as well as other buyers have been trying to get my prius, but my salesman has been sticking it to them and keeping it for me. I can't wait to get it.

19. crisandria

crisandria New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just put a deposit June 12th on a Prius. I'm being told 4-6 months waitlist. I'm wide open to color but want package(s) 3-5.

The salesman did say something about 35 people on the wait list. But due to the fact that I'm wide open for color it may be sooner. I'm really hoping for anything but black or white in package 5 and don't really want it till end of September.

So hopfully the wait won't get to me. Of course since my current car (Honday Odessey) has over 220,000 miles on it, I'm just hoping nothing happens to it before a Prius comes in.

This dealer has no issue taking a deposit for a waitlist. The other dealer I emailed had called first and was telling me there is no waitlist, that he can't even take an order for one. That dealer has LOTS of used cars and he seemed more intent on trying to convince me that I should get something else now and not wait. But he'd keep my number if a Prius did come in.

Crisandria

20. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    WOOT!!! JUST GOT THE CALL! It's here! I am picking up my new black prius after lunch! pics to come!!