1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Prius Waiting List Support Group.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by TravelBliss, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Leslie_M

Leslie_M Waiting is the hardest part...

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Hi Sue - I'm by no means an expert but I'll share with you what I've learned.

1. I don't know that there's any sort of 'set' timeframe but from what I've seen it's at least once a month. I'm not really sure, though.
    2. Really the only Toyota region I've found that has this information is the Southern region (unfortunatley for me, TN isn't included in that region). And even then, most of those cars are spoken for so it'd depend where you are on the list.
    3. Personally, I'm checking in once a week (on Friday).
    4. I think there are different answers for this. For my dealership, they told me that my wanting a package 6 or 5 is to my benefit, because their list is full of people wanting 2's and 3's. So if a 6 comes in, my dealer said he's found those people are passing on the 6's because they don't want all the bells and whistles.

hope this helps. :)

2. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: Our version of the wait...

Hi Greg - I think the decision is up to you. For me, I'm not willing to take something below a package 5 and I'm determined to get what I want. I have every intention of keeping my car for many years and I want to be sure to get what I really want. Now, this may require my waiting longer for the car I want, but I feel like it'll be worth it in the end.

Good luck to you!

3. rhanson739

rhanson739 is loving the new Prihicle

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just got off the phone with our salesman at Massey Toyota in Kinston, NC. He called me in response to a morning email I sent.

Evidently, those Build/Order numbers are pretty fresh; he said he got the sheet on that just last night. (He also asked if I needed a job! I don't know how serious he was.)

Bottom Line: Ours WILL be a 2009. There will be a price bump to go along with a few new features. He'll be able to tell me what the increase is in about two weeks. He is "90% confident" that he can deliver by the first week, or so, of September (although I can't quite see how that will happen, according to the numbers referenced above.)

For anyone in NC... Although Lynn Wright from Massey hasn't yet delivered the goods, I've had an overwhelmingly positive experience while dealing with him. He's very responsive, very accommodating, very laid back with no pressure tactics and no "Lyin' Eyes." So far, I'd highly recommend him/them.

4. eko

eko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Our dealer just called 15 minutes ago and said our Classic Silver Pkg #2 just arrived this morning and wanted to know if we could come pick it up. Will be heading up this Saturday to pick it up. We placed our order on May 26th so it was a little over 3 weeks. First mods will be window tint & 3m invisible bra...:D

5. sea21

sea21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Many thanks, Leslie. Your reply is very helpful.
    -Sue

6. sea21

sea21 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My dealer said the 2009 price increase would be $400. FYI.
    -Sue

7. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I know the first thing that I did when I got mine was turn off the annoying back up beeper. ;)

8. jessefl

jessefl Wait List

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    King Toyota in Deerfield Beach FL, offering new and used Toyotas, 2007 Camry, Camry Hybrid, Yaris, FJ Cruiser, RAV4 a Toyota Dealer King Toyota offers Cars, Trucks and SUVs - Deerfield Beach, FL

Bonnie Shafer
    561-271-4547 (cell)
    Internet Sales Manager
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][email protected][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] Bonnie emailed me yesterday, she has a Black #2[/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']I want the navigation, otherwise I would be signing papers today.[/FONT]

9. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well it seems like people are getting them. there is just a wait. i am in the same boat. i should be getting mine by the middle of july...fingers crossed.

10. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    i looked at their inventory and they are adding things to the car...auto dimming mirror, tint, toyo guard, etc. why not just sell them without all the stuff?

11. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congrats eko!! Any reason you can't get there to pick it up today? :D

12. KayakerNC

KayakerNC Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Let me think.....uhhh.....profit????:confused:

13. MaxLegroom

MaxLegroom Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sadly, that's what some dealers do when they have a hot car. They add a bunch of stuff to justify jacking up the price, even if you didn't ask for it and didn't want it.

I'd understand what some of you are going through, but I bought mine last summer, used. Now, when I try on something else, and suggest I'd sell mine rather than trade it in, used car managers ask how much I'd take. This happened last week when I tried out a Accord coupe. I wouldn't have bought that car (wrong color and options), but the used car manager called just as I finished parking the car at home.

Just remember, folks, it is about 80% fashion...

14. eko

eko New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Were in Tampa and the dealer is in Ocala(100 mile drive) so we really need to wait till Sat. Seeing how it will be my wifes new vehicle and she doesn't get off work till after 5:00 she probably won't want to do the drive after work. Saturday really isn't to far off and no work missed this way.

15. w3tno

w3tno Prius delivered on 18-Jun-08

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered my Prius on May 2 from Toyota of Knoxville. I got a call today that I could pick up my car today at 3 PM. This works out to about a 7 week wait.

16. nick88

nick88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Congrats! Looking forward to some new pictures. What color did you get???

17. realale

realale Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got a call from my second waitlist with an offer of a white package 2. After confirming with my first dealer that I definitely had one, I turned it down and took myself off the list. So, there's one extra waitlist customer in St. Louis who's happy today.

Got an expected delivery date on ours as well - June 30 to July 7!

Cheers,

Dave

18. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Leslie,
    So sorry..thought you were picking up your new car last night...this is what happens when I work overtime, come home and check the Prius Chat forum....my brain turns to putty....hope your Prius arrives very soon.
    This might sound like a funny question but did the salesman give you a VIN number on 'your' new Prius? Getting that VIN number was the first step in connecting the car in transit to me....At the time I wanted to see a picture of it but in retrospect that is about the only early information the dealer can get for you.. Terry

19. Captain Fantastic

Captain Fantastic New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My due date was June 24th, but it made it here a week early. My car came in from Florida's port it says on the dealer sheet.

It had 2 miles on the odometer when I drove it off.

20. Leslie_M

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    No worries Terry. I don't think I'm at the point of getting a VIN yet. :(