1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Pruis effect

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ggrimaud, Oct 5, 2004.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    My best story of a Prius-looker was actually on the street! I was drivng thru our downtown area (about 10 blocks long, 10 stoplights...yes it's a small town!) Traffic was heavy, speeds were in the 10-15 MPH range (speed limit is 20 normally). I was kinda being 'stalked' by a woman in an Excursion beside me. She was looking and looking and finally gave me the 'roll down your window' gesture, so I did. She asked 'what is that'. I told her as much as I could while moving and stopping and slowly creeping along! She asked about the safety rating, base price and MPG. She was alone but I saw kid carseats in the back. Plus a soccer symbol on the back. She said as we wrapped up the 'moving' conversation (and right after I said 50 MPG): I need one of those!
    I said, you sure do. It was great to still see her gawking at the car as I pulled ahead of her into faster speeds. Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius!

2. dnbinfv

dnbinfv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have Paul's Prius stickers on my Silver 04 so it's obvious what the model is. Almost every time I have a passenger that's new to the Prius in the car, I get the question, why is everyone staring and pointing at us.http://priuschat.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
    Oh yes !