1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The real price of gas in Germany (and EU for that matter)

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by pakitt, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Those depts are necessary. Im talking about the non necessary ones. Like the social programs. Um welfare. All the gay rights crap things like that

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You sound like someone who is only barely over 30 yourself, and lacks considerable first hand historic context.

But half your opposition suffers the very same problem.

3. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You must've missed F8L's posts in this thread. thats where the banning of activities spawned from.

I pay my fair share of fuel costs and taxes.

Last time I checked fuel cost and tax was the same at the pump for a prius as it is for any gas vehicle.

I use a tad more fuel therefore I already pay more fuel costs and tax. Or has basic math escaped you.

4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wrong forum. This **** doesn't belong outside of FHOPolitics.

5. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Im 35 actually. And have done and seen more in this world than you think you have.

I see people and their homes daily. People from all walks of life. Once you've been in my shoes or anyone that works in my field for that matter you will understand. Its very easy to tell a responsible persons home from a non responsible persons. Or the same from a conservatives home to a libs once you get into the amounts of them I do

6. DaveFDEMS

DaveFDEMS New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree however it had to be mentioned here since you tried to pull the wool over everyones eyes regarding the programs spoken of

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Is it me or is this post getting more and more of a slanging match? Nothing's perfect, no-one is perfect and no one country is perfect. You can't just bash the USA because they drive big SUV's. From my information they are quite active in reducing energy and car use in certain cities/states. I know Germany is quite 'green' but you can't base the USA as totally bad in comparison either. They do have insulated homes, triple glazing and the like from what I have heard. You can't judge the whole of Europe by the 'green' standards of Albania just as you can't judge the whole of the US on one state or assumption or prejudice either.

Maybe their vehicle fuel usage is a little excessive compared to ours but they're getting there - just look at the offerings from Ford. The Fiesta is now available in the US, as is the Focus and there is a 2.5l Fusion (similar to Mondeo) with a six speed box. All of these wouldn't be amiss in a European vehicle line up.

Who is to say that Europe can preach economy? I don't think we can. It is all relative. Our fuel usage compared to Cambodia is excessive and I bet the average Cambodian thinks we're wasteful!

We've all got our part to play and there are always going to be the types who won't change but get over it. I personally think Global Warming is a natural cycle of warming after the mini iceage we've had from mid 1500s - c1910. I'm sure many will not agree with me but hey it's my view but I do believe we should look after our resources for the reasons given my previous post.

Right, rant over. I'm going to get myself a nice cold pint of Guiness. Now should I worry that its been shipped over from Dublin? Nah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.