1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The real reason why Bush invaded Iraq

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by JackDodge, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Jan 16 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]376467[/snapback]</div>
    Taken advantage of? That would be us, holding the $500 billion IOU for Bush's war. You're too funny, this is the best chuckle I've had all day, much appreciated.

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(livelychick @ Jan 16 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]376281[/snapback]</div>
    What about this doesn't G W Bush get? I remember him stating on national TV on 9/12/2001 that Saddam was an obvious problem (I forget the exact wording, but he didn't even mention Osama bin Laden despite the fact that many other people were mentioning that name) - and my immediate thought was 'Uh, oh - he's decided to show that he's better than Daddy!".

I will grant you that I am not the least bit open-minded in my opinion of G. W. Bush, and certainly nothing I've seen in the past 5+ years has dented my original thought - we invaded Iraq because Bush wanted to and 'because he's the president he can do whatever he wants, in the great tradition of R. M. Nixon.

When the first Gulf War happened, I was afraid Bush Sr would invade Iraq and we'd have another Viet Nam on our hands. I was surprised and gratified that he stopped at the border with Iraq - he did what he committed to do based on the request for help from Kuwait, and stopped at that.

<soapbox pushed aside, rant ended>