1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The reason why the Ford "Energi" won't make it...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Jan 8, 2013.

1. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    OK... I am a Ford fan. Had an "Exploder" that I drove into the ground and even then she was headed to auction to eek whatever life she had left in her... she was replaced by the Ranger by my ex (the Ranger was sadly a Taurus in a truck costume) which was soundly replaced at my insistence by the diesel girl... a 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel that the dealership gathered around when I got in the driver seat and said, "Start her up." This truck took me through six upstate NY winters and got me up the driveway from Hell... only one plow guy wanted to tackle it with 8 acres of snow on a prevailing westerly wind and two layers of snow fence that still caused hellacious drifts...(that my son could get up in his 1994 Corolla, hence my loyalty to Toyota. The "Ripper" (that car's nickname) survived a hit by a 4 point deer, me driving and is on the road still with a friend's daughter, keeping her safe.

Then Ford created the "Energi." Reminds me of an email I had from a Nigerian scammer on an online dating site... he "was from" WV, which is far and away from my location by some 8 hours. He claimed his name was Harrison... but he called himself (gag and retch).... Harri.:eek:

Call me old fashioned and narrowing my options but in the USA, what red, white and blue blooded American male (regardless of what he drives) looking for a chick refers to himself as... Harri?! Good Gawd!!!

Control-Alt-Del!!!!

2. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No comment...

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Bad move on Ford's part. I ride both sides of the fence with the F250 and a Prius...:D

4. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    And, the Prius is getting a lot of road time... took her on ice last week and was very pleased with the results with the off the lot tires... while snow is predicted a week from Thursday and I am getting the truck excited for some good bonding time... 12 years of technology has me venturing outside my comfort zone.

5. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So you enjoy both of the world. Polute the Earth a it and then do some green. Haha..

OceanEyes likes this.
  6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    They haven't come out with a Prius that can tow a horse trailer... yet.

7. PriQ

PriQ CT+iQ

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    Oh. It's because of the name. The Volt, Energi EV1, Tesla - they all do this.

As for having both a diesel and a hybrid, I'm in that category right now. Hybrid for short inner-city driving and diesel power for those long journeys. It's a bliss to always have options :)

OceanEyes likes this.
  8. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But "Prius" is great???

9. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Agreed -

It is a name thing... will explain further... my thread got split by my computer.

10. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Options are very good - there are things the truck does like haul hay and my trailer... something the Prius can't do. The Prius is the commuter and drive around car.

It was a name thing I was going after with this thread. The other cars have meaningful or descriptive names. Volt is descriptive, the Leaf is green, the Tesla is just cool, the Fusion is a blend. The Prius was first - and it is a loose adverbial translation of "to go before" so I am told. Those names make sense.

But the name "Energi" makes me feel bad for the car - like it wasn't worthy of having "energy" and needs a few blue pills placed somewhere in the motor.

Either that or slip a $5 inbetween the doors - after all, lots of strippers have names that end in an "i".

11. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You know why the Ford Energi won't make it? Because it's an anagram for "Ferengi Rod".

OceanEyes and ftl like this.
  12. dbcassidy

dbcassidy Toyota Hybrid Nation, 8 Million Strong

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yep,
    I have the F250 PSD for hauling and towing and the Prius as a DD.

DBCassidy

OceanEyes likes this.
  13. dmaxwellh

dmaxwellh New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    PIP for a daily driver, GMC Sierra 2500 to tow, and a Shelby GT500 because it's awesome... :)

dbcassidy and OceanEyes like this.
  14. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Love it! Which could be why the CMAX's MPGs are being questioned by some owners who aren't getting what the car was advertised as getting...:D