1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Security System Question, Again!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TNPrius1, Jul 17, 2005.

1. mswhealer

mswhealer New Member

Finally I understand the alarm! I was missing the point that the alarm would go off 30 seconds after the doors were opened. I understood that to mean that I could get out of my car close the doors, wait 30 seconds and then open my doors and it would go off. But i understand now that I have to close all the doors, wait 30 seconds, then open the door and wait 30 seconds. As I explained in another thread, i don't have a garage and I want my alarm to go off if I forget to lock my doors and someone decides to just help themselves to what is in my car. I want to at least scare them as they are stealing my stuff. I will re-set the passive to the 0 second function instead of having it on the 30 sec. THank you for all your help.... I could not make it through without all my friends at Priuschat! I love you as much as I love my car... okay maybe that much.

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Actually if you set it for 14 seconds, it will go off 14 seconds after you open the door. That the ENTRY delay. There's no control I know of for the exit delay.

3. mswhealer

mswhealer New Member

Got it working exactly the way I want it to. Thanks!