1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The "Slugs" and the Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Oct 20, 2005.

1. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

It also plugs up traffic every time some SUV is tailgaiting Revolt too close and ends up running over him. Seems that after too much time being pinned in behind someone who is busy being 'right' the SUV people lose focus and forget to brake and then we have a huge congestion problem while they scrape the Revolts of the world and their 'correctness' off the lane barrier.

The best part is that in most cases when the investigators get to the scene to figure out why all the cars are bent up, the SUV guy gets a "following too close ticket", and the blocker gets a "Failure to yield" type of ticket and everyone walks away with equally bent up cars and equal liability for the crash. Sweet.. You are correct all the way up till the cops don't really dig your motives and write it up as co-equal idiots, sharing the responsibility for the crash.

That makes for a very good rule follower and someone who has not one ounce of common sense.

2. DanP

DanP Member

Let's not get all stupid all at once here. Note that my objection to moving over only applied when all four (or five or six) lanes were in heavy use. Under those circumstances the SOB has no business trying to pass anyway. The #1 lane is not the "speeders lane".

3. orangeblood

orangeblood Junior Member

It's the insular left-lane @$$holes who take the law into their own hands and contibute to unsafe driving conditions that irk most people. In Virginia, law 46.2-842.1 requires vehicles in the left lane to yield to faster traffic. The law probably varies by state, but that's what it is here.

And again, no need to twist things around here. When all lanes are full, no one's complaining. But it's not OK to ride slow in the left lane with clear sailing ahead of you, while traffic is piling up behind you.

4. DanP

DanP Member

Agreed. But then that's what I said in the first place.

5. pennyprius

pennyprius New Member

Generally speaking, the whole world would be a nicer place if people followed the rules.

I think using directional signals for every move would improve tracffic flow. I for one do not usually allow anyone to merge in front of me if they fail to signal.

I know I am playing dumb here, but how do I know what the other driver is trying to do if he doesn't use his directionals?

6. orangeblood

orangeblood Junior Member

Yah.