1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The state of charge isnt reading correctly and a code...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by StephenJ, Mar 26, 2022.

1. StephenJ

StephenJ Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    So I was driving around and the battery display started dropping bars but the car wasnt trying to charge the battery. Then I pulled over, turned car off, hooked up Techstream, turned it back on in auxiliary mode and Techstream showed the soc was at 70% and then over 10 seconds or so the display slowly went from showing no bars to showing 6 bars.....the car was not running.

So it seems like somewhere the car knew the battery was at 70% but somewhere else (where ever the displays source is) thought the battery was dropping.....when I turned the car off the display had dropped down to zero bars.

I also have a code P3000 sub code 123.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Does that code have freeze frame data? - might shed some light on what's going on.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You might take a look at the voltage sense harness inside the HV battery, and again where it connects to the ECU, it could be corroded etc.

How many miles on the vehicle, and have you had a chance to cycle the HV battery with a 'grid charger'?