1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Stork Landed :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dbermanmd, Mar 2, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

The extended warranty is something I believe that depends upon how long you are going to own the car. If you are going for Chai again (18 years or "life" in Hebrew based on the numerical equivalence of each letter in the word) then it might be a good idea. The decision also has to include how many miles you drive each year.

Personally speaking I have extended warranties on all my cars except my LS. My '00 Audi A6 has reinforced that belief that they make sense - Audi must be over $20,000 in repairs on that car since I have owned it - maybe more -- last month new axle boots and bushings, whatever they are, I am sure they are not cheap. If you amortize the expense over the years of extended coverage it comes out to about $250/year? All you need is one significant repair between years 4 through 7 to cover the cost. In the end it is just like insurance, something you like to have but never want to use :D

And I concur about Priuschat - great great resource for all of us.

Again, Thank You to everyone.

Wishes for safe and happy motoring.

David

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would definitely recommend getting the extended warranty especially if you plan on keeping the Prius for a very long time as I do (10+ years is my goal). But DO NOT buy it from your dealer, as they will likely have it marked up anywhere $1200-2000 or more. The very same warranty is available here on PC for $990.

Prius Chat Extended Warranty

3. Glenn

Glenn Junior Member

Reading this thread made me feel a little better. I am not the only one in love with my new prius.

I picked up my white #6 last week and find myself preoccupied with the darn thing to the point that it is annoying. Maybe after I learn to use all the systems I will return to what I consider "normal".

The things that attracted me to the car...after reading this forum were:

1. All the new technology.

2. $ savings. I expect gas to continue to go up with the "China demand coming online in a big way.

3. Knowing that I, in a small way, have reduced my support of the OPEC guys. If everyone drove a prius the OPEC guys could put their extra oil in their hair and have less money to contribute to terriorist coffers world wide (sorry to go to politics but I could not help myself)

Glenn