1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Survey: I ain't gonna!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by daniel, Apr 2, 2004.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I just got the (a) survey from Maritz Research. Is this the same survey other folks have gotten? It purports to be a satisfaction survey, and some of the questions relate to satisfaction. But most of the survey appears to be a personality inventory and marketing questions. What kind of person I am, and what my buying habits are.

A key printed at the top tells them the car is a Prius, but the questions are all generic and applicable to any car of any make.

I cannot tell whether Toyota hired them to gather this information, or whether they do this on their own, and then offer to sell the information to the respective car makers.

If you send in the survey, you are automatically entered in a drawing for a $10,000 prize, and some lesser prizes. If this survey goes to all new car buyers during (let us say) a calendar year, anyone's chances of winning are nil.

I'd be happy to furnish Toyota with my experiences and opinions on the Prius. (Great car, and I love it; a few features I'd like to have.) But this Maritz thing looks sleazy to me.

Is this the same survey others have refered to?

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Survey I got was trom Toyota directly, and could also be filled out at www.toyotaopiniononline.com

It was titled Toyota Lease/Purchase Survey, and covered the following areas with a number of questions in each:

Product Presentation
    Negotiation
    Final Paperwork
    Receiving your Vehicle
    Dealership Communications
    Facilities
    Overall

3. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, Tempus. Obviously, what I got was not the Toyota survey. I'll fill out theirs if they send me one. (I've had the car for almost 3 months now, and never got one.) But I'm sure not going to respond to this Maritz scam.

Interestingly, I got an email from Consumer reports for their annual car survey. I'm definitely going to fill out that one.

4. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Daniel, are you a Consumer Reports subscriber?

5. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I got the Consumer Report survey too. It's been many years since I had a vehicle they were interested in. The one I retired when I got the Prius was 15 years old and a bit past their window. :)

I think I'm going to hold onto it for a little bit until I have more seat time in the Prius under my belt. I figure they don't need it for at least another couple of months if the next Auto Issue is next March.

But, I'll be sending it in for sure.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, I subscribe to the on-line version.

7. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks -- I had understood that only subscribers got surveys from CR -- didn't know that were doing this to the on-line subscribers as well.

8. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I didn't like the fact that the Toyota survey had a place to complain about the gas gauge but NOT a place to complain about the gas tank/filler.

I managed to fit that into one of the boxes at the end, but that's probably going to go into a big pool of comments where it will drown...

9. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Years ago, I got the print version. Now I get only the on-line version. When I was a print subscriber, the surveys were by mail. Now that I am an on-line subscriber, the surveys are on-line. They e-mail me a link to the survey.