1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The vacation thread

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by qbee42, Jul 23, 2008.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If I waited until everything was done, I'd never get a break. At some point, I just pick the week, and go. I spend waay too much time sitting at a computer, so I like to be active and low tech on holidays. If we're still within cellphone range, we haven't gone far enough from 'civilisation'. The most sophisticated electronica used is a handheld game one of the kids might bring along, or maybe the car - but even that gets left home sometimes. My favourite vacation is to load up the bicycle with a minimum of basics and pedal off into the sunrise. In the midst of tax season especially, I daydream of selling everything and being a bicycle nomad for the rest of my life.

No matter how long the holiday, it's always too short.

2. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've been daydreaming of doing a cross-country bike trip myself... once in a while I run into bicycle nomads on the trails around here... one guy in particular had an impressive rig: recumbent bike with 2 trailers. I talked to him for a bit; he had been all over Canada and the US, and had been on the road for years.

Meanwhile, I have a "vacation" coming up. I'm heading to Los Angeles to attend the Siggraph computer graphics conference. I'm looking forward to that, and it's especially nice that the school where I teach is paying for travel and registration and the company I work for is letting me go w/o using vacation time.

I'm also having a premiere party for a short film I made while I'm out there. So lots of business-related stuff, but it will still be a big vacation for me!

3. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'll be going to New Zealand very soon (mid-October!!) for 4 weeks. I'm hoping for fine weather and a resurgence of the US dollar.