1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Volt: Saw it ~Touched it ~ took pics

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think articles that spell the demise of the Volt are silly. Many people predicted the demise of the Prius, mainly because buyers would never pay the premium for the Hybrid system. In short, it is often very difficult to predict the success of a particular car.

At this point, no one knows if the Volt will be successfull.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    I'd hate to be in the uncomfortable place of defending GM. But, how old was the Volt video used in Frontline? It certainly wasn't made the day prior to Frontline airing the show, Oct 21, right? Example; Working for disney co (owners of ABC network) I know it's often months before a TV show airs, after shooting the main theme, then editing it together with other snipets, then scheduling, etc. So, maybe Frontline's vid was older?. I've seen the jerky movement video versions of the Volt, versus what we saw in person 3 weeks ago at Chris Paine's home. Who knows, GM's lied before, so it's possible we were all bamboozled ... It ran pretty smooth, for a fake cardboard representaion, if that's all it was. ;)