1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The Wackadoo Democratic Wing Wins

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 9 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]300488[/snapback]</div>

I think I see a boat, or a bowl of fuit?

2. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Naive Democrats are playing right according to the Republican playbook:

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ Aug 9 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]300506[/snapback]</div>
    You're asking? :huh:

Most people will see what they want to see in the “Invasion of Iraq.â€

But, like most war plans, my Magic Eye also didn't survive the first encounter. As it turns out, the Magic Eye works best in “Preview Post†mode.

4. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Aug 9 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]300436[/snapback]</div>
    Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya and North Korea were the ones identified as the "axis of evil" if I remember correctly. All of them openly and with great joy support global terrorism, including publically sending $25,000 checks to the families of suicide murderers (may their names be blotted out) who kill dozens of people on public busses.

The untold battle and win in the south Pacific is forgotten by most because we didn't mobilize 150,000 men to conduct that battle. But we have mostly won there, with the help of our friends in those areas. Al Queda has closed up shop, mostly, in the south Pacific because every time they poke their heads above the window sill a Special Forces guy shoots them through the forehead.

If Iraq had been easy, we would be on to Libya or Syria by now, and if those had been easy, on to Iran. Libya, you may remember, gave up through diplomatic means, and I believe it was because they saw we were serious about Afghanistan and Iran.

This was clearly spelled out in President Bush's SOTU speech after 9/11, to the cheers of Congress. But like fickle football fans, the Congresscritters have changed sides now that there are some problems.

Joe Lieberman did not. He has remained true to his beliefs, and he is paying for it.

I have two words for 2008:

McCain - Lieberman

5. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fshagan @ Aug 9 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]300652[/snapback]</div>
    The Saudis did that too, actually, I think they were even more generous. We should have invaded them, at least it would have solved out oil supply problem.

That ticket would have my vote even though I disagree with them on Iraq; unfortunately, it will never happen.

6. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 9 2006, 04:14 PM) [snapback]300369[/snapback]</div> great - he got some of the bad guys post facto - good work.
    WTCII - what would he have done since the attackers were all dead anyway? fired a cruise missile at another aspirin factory - got another blowj*b as we buried 3,000 Americans.
    how about discouraging them from attacking us in the first place.

lets do this:
    I will hit you in the face as hard as i can first, you then hit me in the fact as hard as you can second, and so on with me always going first - thats your strategy - cool.

I guess you would have done what to the Japs 12.08/1941 - a proportionate response?? Sickening what has happened to the Dems - thankfully back then the Dems were pro-national - pro-America. Today you would really wonder what kerry or algore or bjclinton would have done then?

watch the Dems go down as people realize they are becoming the party of transnationals, of defeatism, of run and hide, of isolation, of lets talk it out, or i am sorry i am America - its all my fault.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]300744[/snapback]</div>
    First of all, Iraq is not Afghanistan. Show me one post where I or any other critic of this administration's policies on this board (with the possible exception of Daniel) took issue with the war which removed the Taliban regime from power and drove Al Queda into hiding. We should have finished that job instead of going after Saddam Hussein who had nothing to do with 9/11 and presented no credible danger to the United States.

Secondly, remember the U.S. response the Berlin discotheque terrorist bombing that killed two American servicemen? President Ronald Reagan ordered air strikes against Tripoli and Benghazi which succeeded in achieving nothing more than killing Gaddafi's infant daughter.

What was the Reagan and Bush 41's administrations responses to the December 1988 bombing of Pan Am 103 over Lockerbie which killed more people than any of the terror acts that took place under the watch of the Clinton administraion? Economic sanctions?

Aren't you ever embarasssed by your endless duplicity?

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 10 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]300835[/snapback]</div>
    If you look beyond the details you're all agruing about, you might just see another mechanism at work. We all know the GOV. works very much like the mob. The only real exception is merely one has more guns than the other... We needed to send a message to any would be terrorists, that said, in essence, "If we even think you're about to strike, we're going to come knocking on your door and invade your country..."

The only thing I fault the Bush administration for, is how he "marketed" his strategy to the public.

To be blunt, he basically underestimated the stupidity of the leftists... :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 09:14 AM) [snapback]300744[/snapback]</div>
    With this, I couldn't agree more... If the dems of today (and the current crop of libs.) were to go back in time about two years before the A bomb was popped, everything to the west of the Mississippi would be the continental colony of Japan.

9. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]300835[/snapback]</div>
    You would be correct if terrorists weren't like termites, roaches or ants. You have to get them all at once. (a daunting concept to even consider let alone accomplish, especially with 3/4 of the world supporting the terrorists, directly or indirectly) keep a progressive attitude, just because a majority supported a thing does not make the thing right!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 10 2006, 07:36 AM) [snapback]300835[/snapback]</div>
    And now Libya is off our terror supporter list! hmmmmmmmmm

10. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 10 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]300744[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 11 2006, 05:02 AM) [snapback]301405[/snapback]</div>
    Those two comments show, at best, a profound lack of knowledge or, at worst, a deliberate distortion or manipulation of history.