1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The What is It Game.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Sufferin' Prius Envy, Aug 9, 2007.

1. echase

echase New Member

IS the "not Coal" stuff a clue?

Also, on location I am thinking hte houses look cheap to be european, but I could be wrong.

The combination of brick and coal is interesting, but may or may not be a clue. Also, anybody have any theories on the steel bars going across the top? They seem to be attached in a way that allows movement, so that must have some significance.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the 'not coal' stuff is a clue, and was part of the whole long-defunct operation, which is really only hinted at by the remaining ruins. This portion used to be made of bricks, or at least many more than it is now. The mystery might be revealed with another picture from another angle...

3. samiam

samiam Antipodean Prius Poster

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Another angle would be helpful...
    The black tailings at the foot of the structure are pretty hard to make out.
    What deposited such a mess?

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tailings!
    Here's a better shot. Think how it used to look.
    [attachmentid=10862]

Here's another shot from the same spot, but a much different angle. Any burning thoughts yet?

[attachmentid=10863]

Attached Files:

5. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 23 2007, 11:21 PM) [snapback]501372[/snapback]</div>
    What about a "smoke stack" or air ventilation tunnel?

6. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, this is the smoke stack from the Greenwood Smelter, once the largest copper smelter in the British Empire. Some 250,000 bricks were used in the construction of the stack and shaft, and many large concrete footings are still in place amidst all the trees. The 'not coal' black stuff is the slag pile. There are numerous abandoned mines in the area that are very interesting to explore, but also dangerous. We made it out. :)

7. RinMI

RinMI New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 24 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]501539[/snapback]</div>

I figured that was the case since you mentioned burning thoughts. Good hints. I will have to post my pic later today since I am at work right now. If someone else wants to toss one up in the meantime, feel free.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh darn, my next guess was going to be a midget subay & station......

9. echase

echase New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RinMI @ Aug 24 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]501543[/snapback]</div>
    OK, this should be an easy one...

I've even left the labels on it. What is it for, and why is that special?

[attachmentid=10891]

Attached Files:

10. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

Attached Files:

11. echase

echase New Member

And they are special because they are meltdown-proof, and generally much safer and simpler than the old style reactors. (Not foolproof, but certainly a big step forward) Also, they are "breeder" style reactors, so the fuel is effective for a much longer period of time reducing waste and the need for disposal/reprocessing, and mining.

Yours is a map of this Morning's Aurora Borealis activity:
    [​IMG]

Which reminds me, what's this (it's not the Aurora)...

[attachmentid=10921]

Attached Files:

12. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Looks like the trail of a heat seeking missile that locked onto a mosquito in heat :p

13. echase

echase New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airportkid @ Aug 26 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]502409[/snapback]</div>
    Why would it be all lit up like that :unsure:

14. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Greenkeeper, many DoD missles are launched over the Pacific from Vandenberg AFB in Calif. We are generally not told what they 'do', but a common result is a trail of solid fuel aerosols in the upper atmosphere.

15. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greenkeeper @ Aug 26 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]502534[/snapback]</div>
    It's so high the sun is still visible, illuminating it. Don't know why the exhaust trail is still compact yet seriously erratic - when the upper atmosphere winds drag those trails all over the sky they usually also disperse them. But perhaps this missile was doing some sort of guidance test, or was tracking something.

MB

16. echase

echase New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Aug 26 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]502574[/snapback]</div>
    Well, both of you are right. It's a minuteman II from vandenberg, the light shining on it in the upper atmoshpere is known as the "Twilight Effect" (Queue spooky music)