1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The whole nine yards

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ammiels, Jul 6, 2004.

1. ammiels

ammiels New Member

The Whole Nine Yards. Longish.
    Dear Reader, as you may recall Deyo (here comes joy-Swahili) was caught in a nickel-sized hail storm last month and ended up looking like dimpled golf ball. After some discussion in these pages as to whether to leave her like that and reap the possible benefits of reduced air resistance or get her repaired, it was pointed out by some Maven that she would have to spin to get the increased MPG, our Holy Grail. So she was repaired.
    Deyo came out looking so pretty in her new Salsa dress that I was inspired to get her some accessories. Her nose really took a beating from the hail and I had previously noted some pebble damage so I called ToyotaTown Canada and priced the handlebar moustache deflector 70Can sounded OK but the shipping was over 37C. I expressed my surprise and Steve said it was so large and awkwardly shaped that he had lost money on the first one he had shipped to the US, but anything else I ordered would be shipped FREE in the same box. That was the teaser. Since the worst sin a Jew, like me, can commit is to pay Retail I added the mud guards and the side vent deflectors. The whole ball of wax came to 166.60C +37.60C = 204.20C = $155.20. Then I went out to my local auto boutique and got a PowerFlow Bumper Protector, size B which is a textured, corrugated 37x3 inch curved black vinyl stick-on which almost exactly matches the door sill mats and protects the top of the rear bumper. Cost $30.
    Deyo and I had a very happy afternoon together dressing her up. Installations were straight forward and as described in these pages except for the stand-off legs on the window deflectors which came out a little short when installed as per directions but worked out fine when placed horizontally. If the sun comes out today in the Northeast I'll get some pictures and put them here if I can,over in PriusChat if not.You may note the flourescent green ' find me in the mall parking lot' antenna ball and matching 'here is where the car ends' front bumper marker which I will probably remove when my parallel parking skills improve. Thanks for listening. Peace, Ammiel