1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The window went down. Why?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marg, Jul 12, 2004.

1. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    This feature is quite documented in the Classic's owner's manual. Given that us '04 users rarely, if ever, use the key, it's not a feature included in our car.

I've used the key up/down feature on my Classic only a handful of times - it's more of a "toy" for me - unless I forgot to put my window up. :)

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Okay. After powering down, I waited 30 seconds and the windows still worked. After 45 seconds they did not. Opening a door also prevents the windows from working if the car is off.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Same results here. In fact, I actually timed it (yes, this is a bit anal) and the window would not open at 35 seconds.

4. shocker

shocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    seasalsa-
    thanks for putting the page number, I'm glad to see that I am not the only geek that read the manual. I actually picked up the manual a week before the car arrived so that I would know the ins and outs. By the time the car was ready I had the manual pretty well memorized and gave the dealer the check out spiel since he was clueless.

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

you'll also note that it only works on the drivers door.

6. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I worked at one time on a farm. The farmers' universal rule to live by is:

If all else fails, read the manual!

7. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At least I can put ADULTS in the back seat of my car. :mrgreen:

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've had two 6-foot-plus men in the back of my '04 at the same time. They pronounced it very comfortable. And there was plenty of room for a child between them, had there been one handy.

From what I've read, the '04 has more room back there than the Classic does.

9. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Depends substantially on how the tall people are built! There is more leg room. but I, at 6'2", hit my head on the roof/glass before I get back to the head rest. And I don't exactly have the best posture either! I've never thought I was proportionally short of leg, but maybe I am. Thus, I wish they would make the car 1 foot longer, with all the extra room going in the cargo area and the high spot in the roof line moved back proportionally. That should alleviate the problem :)

10. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Between the seats, they do. I am 6'2", and cannot touch the rear seat back without contorting my head painfully off to the side, and still cramming it against the roof. None of my friends who are of similar height, will fit either. Leg room in the back of the classic is only adequate, and there is very little "extra" space to stretch out. However, they can sit in the back without grinding their heads against the roof. The Jetta has the rear seat passengers jamming their knees against the front seats. These were the considerations that put the classic in the driveway. For those who can fit in the 04, more power to 'em. If rear seat space would have worked out, the cosmetics of the new model would have easily won out.