1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

The World's Foremost Authority

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tochatihu, Feb 7, 2017.

1. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Irwin Corey of course. Passed away at 102.

Irwin Corey, the wild-haired comedian and actor known for his improvisational riffs and nonsensical style who billed himself as "The World's Foremost Authority," has died at age 102 | Eugene, Oregon

Many here too young to have experienced his displays. There must be youtubes (for folks in 'the green zone).

Anyway, we could broaden this to appreciate showmen(er, people) who joyfully infected others with their own sense of confusion. Could be so broad as to include Victor Borge.

RCO and srellim234 like this.
  2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yes, those two were great. I have recordings of Borge in my music collection.

The two funniest female comediennes I ever personally saw perform were Imogene Coca and Gracie Allen.

I watched Coca perform skits with Sid Ceaser and I'd swear her face was rubber. Her silent expressions were phenomenal.

I feel fortunate to have seen Allen (George Burns' wife) when I was a child before she passed away in the '60s. She was the best at delivering lines and I am amazed that anyone could act alongside her without laughing on camera the whole time.

RCO and jerrymildred like this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Victor Borga was HILARIOUS!!

Red Skelton was another of my favorites. Only he could get away with laughing at his own jokes.

And we still watch Burns and Allen on one of the secondary over the air channels. How she could say the stuff she said and not crack up is beyond me.

RCO, Merkey and srellim234 like this.
  4. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What was it they said about the old ones?
    ... Oh, I remember! They were the best. (y)

srellim234 and jerrymildred like this.