1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Theater movies walked out of (early)

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by onerpm, Apr 18, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Rancid, (a bit off topic here) you know soda (high fructose corn syrup actually) is one of the main causes of premature aging.

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Apr 19 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]242180[/snapback]</div>
    Excellent! I'm 27 almost 28 and am still being told that I don't look old enough to be working a full time job yet...that I look like I'm 15 or 16 and should still be in high school. May I have another please??? I live for the caffeine in soda. :p :D

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hehehe... wellll...cant say much about the caffeine thin....dammmnn!@@!...spilled my coffee again!!

4. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer is the only one in recent memory that I walked out of--way too bad and stupid for me...and I love stupid movies!

However, if someone had slipped me a roofie and got me to go see Catwoman, I know for a FACT that I would have walked after about ten minutes. God DAMN I hate that movie...it makes Heaven's Gate look like Citizen Kane!!!

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Apr 19 2006, 11:40 AM) [snapback]242193[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! I personally have never been able to stand the taste or smell of coffee or tea, so I must get my caffeine fix from non-diet sodas instead. One of my favorites is root beer, because it contains the fewest added sugar (most of it is natural in the root, I've learned). I know some root beers are caffeine free, but I prefer those with caffeine, like Barqs. Also love the Dr Pepper. But I usually only have 1 12-oz can a day, 2 max. This on top of drinking what is probably too much water. :)

6. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. <_<

Actually walked out of my daughter's apartment until it was over. I still avoid Jim Carrey like the plague.

7. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I agree that Jim Carrey movies are not worth the bother but there was one done by Rosie Perez that we saw as a test audience. It was called the "24 Hour Woman". I don't think that it ever came to the theaters and lots of people walked out.

I tend to only go to the theater to see movies that I am very interested in. Otherwise I wait for video and watch at home on my 32" lcd with the dog and a glass of wine. Better than having someone's feet next to my head and their kids running in front of the screen.

8. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Never physically walked out on a movie... mentally left quite a few.

My future wife and I did walk out on a play once, Richard III with Al Pacino. He was AWFUL! That plus the other actors literally would shift this way & that dodging his spittle as he over pronounced his part. You cringed whenever he went to speak. & I Love Al Pacino as an actor...

9. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

The 3 Amigos....just couldn't catch my interest in the first 10 minutes, was mindless twisted humor to me and I was thinking of better things to do with my time.

zzzzz.....

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i don't think i've walked out of a movie before. although there were plenty that i volunteered to be the refill runner or something before because i really did not care about the movie.

11. jkash

jkash Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife and I walked out of Boogie Nights with about 30 minutes left. We just couldn't see ourselves seeing one more horrible thing happen to the people in the movie.

The Bostonians was perhaps one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and we walked out of that.

I usually like Richard Gere, but he was awful as the lead in King David. We also walked out of that.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I heard Gigli was really *awful*. Beyond awful.

Is the reason it's not mentioned that, like me, no one here even bothered to go see it?

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Denny_A @ Apr 19 2006, 05:03 PM) [snapback]242274[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, "Me, Myself, and Irene" is pretty funny. And I watched some of it being filmed- just down the street from my house.

14. jared2

jared2 New Member

"and got a refund for"

Amazing. They gave you a refund?

15. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

My daughter brought home a movie called "Superstar" from the rental place, with Molly Shannon (probably my least favorite character on SNL.) It was awful, I had to leave the room after the first few minutes.

16. Jeff Beaver

Jeff Beaver Junior Member

I've never actually walked out of a movie because I couldn't stand it, but I once encountered a print at a local cinemaplex that was so wretched and scratched that it looked like someone ran the print through a shredder. I sort of went nuts and wouldn't leave the theater until I had a chance to yell at the manager. By the time I got through with him he was glad to reimburse me out of his own pocket.

As for rentals, my sister-in-law loves Napoleon Dynamite, so we just had to watch it. Yee Gods what a disaster! The thing barely made it past the credits before my wife and I were fighting over the remote to see who could be first to eject it.

17. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I go to the cinema about .4 times a year.

I've only walked out once that I can remember: Catwoman. H. Berry (sp?) is stunning, but even she could not save that show.

18. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Beaver @ May 7 2006, 02:24 PM) [snapback]251113[/snapback]</div>

Im sorry to hear that... I Love Napoleon Dynamite... of course it seems most people in my generation do... (the young, 20-something in college crowd...) being that the film was targeted to my demographic... But I can see how "adults" may not see the humor in it..

19. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny @ Apr 19 2006, 07:26 AM) [snapback]242049[/snapback]</div>
    Really?

I thought it was ok. I'd really wanted to go see it and the person I was dating didn't seem that motivated to go. It's now one of her favorite movies. :eek:

20. NoVaSnow

NoVaSnow Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ May 7 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]251218[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I'm on the north side of 50. My 16-year-old daughter and I howled equally over Napoleon. Quote it all the time.