1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

There has got to be a way to get the navigation update without giving my first unborn to Toyota

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by darkleafar, Sep 10, 2015.

1. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You mean on your own, or how I got lucky the second time and only paid for the AVN card?

The dealerships have one USB which they use for all the vehicles that are updated, so technically one can share that cost with others. I found nobody interested in doing so, so just shopped around on my own. If you scroll up the thread I linked you'll find more detailed information on the process, and basically what happened when I updated this year.

#21 jzchen, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. jzchen

jzchen Newbie!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just in case the specific instructions I list are for the DENSO unit. I think you might have the Harman one. I have posted on the process for that unit as well somewhere....

3. minnyprius

minnyprius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    So, while the maps might not be updated, I do like the nav arrows in my heads-up display, and I like it on the big screen on the dash, and the vocal instructions in the sound system occasionally...

Now, destination searching is painful at best.

So, I search for the destination in the Entune app on my phone, save it, then sync the Saved Destinations when I get in the car, select and go! Works really slick, actually. I can search for the destination before I even get to the car, using voice if I want on my phone... then boom! I'm on my way!