1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

There is hope for our significant others!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by micheal, Nov 4, 2005.

1. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, after I have lamented how my wife was bringing down my mpg, I had to post what she did yesterday. I am pretty sure for the first time, she actually raised the mpg over a roundtrip trip. It only went up .1 from 49.3 to 49.4, but there was over 350 miles on the tank and the trip was only about 15 miles total!

So just a word of encouragement to those that have stressed over their partners mileage. Give them time (and a little space) and they may surprise you!

Anyway, I thought it was only fair to post her accomplishment after previously posting about her dragging the mileage down.

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    heh. 8 months later and my husband still takes my mileage down because he likes to 'play' with the new car.

of course, on occasion he does bring it up a bit. but that's a rare occasion and then he asks for significant acknowledgement :lol:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Oh how I long for the day when my wife gets her HyCam. Then she will understand why I get so worked up over the mileage. And I know exactly how to rub her in a way that will build her anxiety over a slipping mileage. Then I'll ask if I can drive it. Bwa-ha-ha :D

I can't wait.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    micheal, it takes a Real Man to do what you've done. (Show this message to your wife! :p )

Tony: Tony, Tony :huh:

Edit: to rearrange "micheal"

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK I admit that my wife said she wants to drive "my" Prius again "just so she knows how to drive it" I cringed. My milage!! The things we give up for marriage. Oh well.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife is taking the Prius to our lake house for the weekend today--she'll log around 150 miles. I'm showing almost 59mpg at 180 miles on the tank and I think I'd rather have a tooth pulled than see what the mpg will be when she gets home!! :huh:

Actually, she does OK. She still doesn't quite get the whole when to glide and how to anticipate stops thing, but all in all she does better than I'd expect for her lack of experience in the car.

7. Schmika

Schmika New Member

My wife now challenges me to "beat her". She'll come home with it high and defy me to keep it there. She has taken to cheating as well. After thec ar is warmed up, she will fill it at a station about a mile away and coast into home. I'll find it sitting in the high 60's YIKES!!!!

8. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Already got a call apologizing for dropping the mileage to a "miserable" 57mpg! God I love that woman!

9. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

:lol:

My husband's mileage is generally better than my own, which is really unfair because it's *my* car! I choose to believe he's found some way to cheat the system.

10. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

Man... I have the Prius, and the mileage, but no significant other!

Woe!! :eek:

11. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    See "Is the Prius a chick magnet?" B)

12. bookrats

bookrats New Member

My partner has ordered her 2006 Prius.

Oh boy -- I can't wait to start playing with the new 2006 gadgets from the passenger seat! :lol:

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

I'll bet there are a lot of like minded single males/females on this forum. Maybe we need a "dating game" thread.

14. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I can hook you up :rolleyes:

15. micheal

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, I told her that I was going to post her achievement before I actually did. It has been hard to let her grow in her skill at a slower rate than myself. I didn't do so well with it at first, but I have gotten better with it and she has responded.

BTW, thanks for the edit for the name! Most people don't even notice it when they reply.

16. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just an update, she finished the 120-something mile round trip at 56mpg...with the AC running(just can't break her of that!)

17. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    My wife tells me to be greatful. She's driven approx 100 miles (or less) of my 10500 miles total. She rolls her eyes at me for the mileage game, but knows that it's important to me.

BTW, she's only driven a little to drop me off at the airport and the occasional groceries, as my commute is ~27 miles, while hers is 3.

18. micheal

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Not too bad. Maybe you can get it back up to 59 with some work!

19. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yikes, I'm at 409 miles at 56.7, I thought that was pretty good! I may get it up to a little over 57, but I'm at 1 pip on the fuel guage and don't push far beyond flashing. Still, I'll take a 57mpg tank in November in Missouri!

20. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I actually let my gf drive my Prius one time on a night out. I told her if she drop my mileage, she can't drive it again! Of because she knows I was kidding. :p
    After she drove it to our destination (~5 miles), the mileage stayed the same! I was impressed! B) The car was already warm-up tho.