1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

There's good new, and bad news...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aarons12, Aug 4, 2004.

1. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

Well, the good news is that i finally got a call that the replacement touch screen for my prius has come in to my local dealer, after i was bumped up to 'priority service'... and that they can install it tomorrow.

the bad news is that nobody at this dealer has ever done anything that involved removing the dashboard! well, i will keep my fingers crossed...

2. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Taking out and putting back the MFD is quite straightforward.

Before installing Jon's XM integrated solution into my car, I watched his DVD several times before I felt comfortable enough to brave the installation. After taking out the stock radio, the screws that hold the MFD are then removed and you can lift the entire MFD out of the dash. There are a series of plugs from the wiring harness that plug right into the back of the MFD. Shouldn't be any issues doing that.

It just sounds like your dealer hasn't had the experience in getting into the dash yet. Good luck!