1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

They are out there !!!

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by huskers, May 13, 2021.

1. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I know this is silly for 99% of you but I saw a Prius Prime today. The 1st one I have seen in about 2 years. It was a sliver one like mine. Passed me on the road. I could win Powerball easier than seeing another Prime so this is a good day.

Gokhan and john1701a like this.
  2. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Location.Location.Location.

I see half a dozen on every drive, not counting my own. That's 35 miles inland from San Francisco. At the moment I'm in small town Oregon, and still see one or two a day.

But I agree with you. It's a good day! :)

3. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you don’t live on one of the coasts pickin’s are slim.

4. GSK

GSK Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    my car is usually flanked by other Primes at the charging stations at work. they are everywhere here

5. Old Bear

Old Bear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It really depends upon what part of the country you're in. But I have to admit that seeing another Prime is always kind of fun.

Prime-Watcher.jpg

Many Prime owners seem to make spotting Primes into some kind of sport akin to bird watching.
    See this long-running PriusChat discussion!

6. POSPrius

POSPrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    As soon as I pull out of my neighborhood and pull onto the main street it would be impossible for me to not see at least 20 Prius Prime's and 50 Teslas in 5 minutes lol. I live in San Diego.

7. satxprime

satxprime Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Ha, I saw one in magnetic blue on the road last week. I think we are friends now. That's how this works, right?

huskers likes this.
  8. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I hope to be joining you sometime soon. I believe I saw you at a stoplight a few weeks ago by 120th & 370 or so :)

9. Ovation

Ovation Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Base
    I've had mine for a month. 2021 base model, Hypersonic Red (the name makes me laugh as "hypersonic" and "Prius"--Prime or otherwise--don't belong in the same area code, let alone the same sentence).

I'm very happy with my purchase, as I have 1300km on the odometer and still have 3/4 of a tank of gas per the display. Lifetime gas consumption is currently (per the car--I'm too lazy to refine the figures) at 1 litre/100km (or 235 US MPG/282 UK MPG). I know I'm not counting the cost of electricity in this, so the number is wildly inflated (and will change dramatically in the fall when I resume my weekly commute pattern for work). Still, can't be anything but happy with those numbers when gas is 1.30$/litre (about 4.90$/US gallon). I've worked out (at the current gas price) that my Prime costs 0.02$/km on electricity (Quebec has very cheap electricity and is 95% hydroelectric, so clean as well) and 0.06$/km on gasoline (all based on official numbers for fuel/electricity consumption--I've actually been getting 49-53km/battery charge after my third battery charge rather than the official 40km, so my electric cost per km is a bit lower than 0.02$/km). My other vehicle (that I used to use for work commutes totalling 32000-35000km/yr) is a 2013 X-Terra and it costs 0.19$/km on gasoline. I'll be going from about 6500$/yr on gasoline to about 1750$/yr on electricity and gasoline with the Prime.

So why this detour into energy consumption? Well, it partially explains the following--on my street alone, there are three Prius Primes (including mine). In my little neighbourhood subdivision, there are five Primes in total (three are Hypersonic Red). I don't have to drive around to see them, I just need to go for a 20-minute stroll in my neighbourhood. My dealer claimed Quebec has 60% of all Primes and about 50% of all Priuses (Prii?) in Canada. With our expensive gas, inexpensive electricity, and a 6500$ government rebate (not a tax credit, but a rebate off the purchase price at the point of sale for new models), I have no reason to doubt him. And if I count the Primes I see out and about while I'm driving, I see about 10-12/day (not counting those in my immediate neighbourhood). They are everywhere.

#9 Ovation, May 28, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021