1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"they do not make that package in our region" (#5)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by omahajim, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Springtime

Springtime Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(omahajim @ Aug 7 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]299271[/snapback]</div>
    If you or your spouse has any difficulty driving at night - DO consider getting the PKG #6 with HID lights.

I bought a 2005 that has HID. Of all the things I love about the Prius the HID lights has allowed me to drive at night without difficulty for the first time in 20 years!

I did not know what HID was - it just happened to come as part of the package I bought. I never realized until I started driving this car how much difference HID headlights actually improve your night time visability. If you have no problem driving at night it may be of no benefit - but, if like me you have difficulty driving at night it makes a world of difference.

Springtime

2. bfguilford

bfguilford Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had the same issue in Connecticut. I wanted package #5, but they didn't offer it here. I located a dealer in a neighboring state (Rhode Island) and bought it there. I would also agree that the 4 --> 5 upgrade is a good value for the reasons stated earlier in the thread plus I really like the bluetooth connection for my cell phone. It is the best handsfree I have ever used by far.

3. jwight

jwight New Member

Still looking at this point but from what I can glean from this and other auto forums, 1) the Prius shortage is pretty much imposed by Toyota holding back deliveries to keep demand up, and 2) if there's any rhyme or reason to the package vs. region situation I haven't found it. Why limit what your customers can buy based on where they live? Is it the same for a Corolla or a Camry?

Not sure what region we're in, but the two Ohio dealers I've talked with claim they can't get a Pkg 3 here; still waitng to hear from an Indianapolis dealer.

Last but not least, the HID light intensity to other drivers isn't subjective - at least not in my case. Can't count the number of times I've had to blast some bozo in a BMW who is blinding oncoming traffice on the other side of an Interstate; that is too bright. As for fog, the last thing you want is HIDs - all you're gonna see is a big white cloud until you run off the road. :)

4. LoveThatPrius

LoveThatPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(omahajim @ Aug 7 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]299037[/snapback]</div>