1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

They still don't seem to get it...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by livelychick, Mar 3, 2007.

1. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17441481/

I love this dichotomy:
    "The draft report, which is still being completed, projects that the current administration’s climate policy would result in the emission of 9.2 billion tons of greenhouse gases in 2020, a 19 percent increase from 7.7 billion tons in 2000."

"The White House Council on Environmental Quality has been coordinating the draft report. A spokeswoman, Kristen Hellmer, said it “will show that the president’s portfolio of actions and his financial commitment to addressing climate change are working. And the president is always looking at ways to address our energy security and environmental needs.â€"

Did I mention that the report is overdue by a year?

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Is this in spite of the promise Bush made at the last State of the Union address stating that gasoline usage would be reduced by 20% in 10 years?

Oh, I see here what's slowing down progress: 'Doing more than slowing the growth rate of greenhouse gas emissions, which remains the administration’s stated goal, will be decided “as the science justifies,” ... '

Who is this IPCC anyway, and what do they know about mankind's contribution to global warming? We all know Exxon is the real expert on climate truthiness.

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Can someone please point me to some evidence, hard evidence, that man is indeed effecting the weather and such?

I'd really be interested in seeing it, as I haven't actually read any good data.

Please, don't point me to some hippy crap or some obviously biased source..

Thanks.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I suppose you consider The E.P.A. to be "hippy crap".

Key quote from above link: "Human activities are changing the composition of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times are well-documented and understood."

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 3 2007, 09:50 PM) [snapback]399786[/snapback]</div>
    Its the climate, not the weather. (Although there is some evidence out there that we have some impact on the weather as well, for example, in the highly populated East coast, it has been shown that it is more likely to rain on a Saturday than a Wednesday, but I digress....)

As for the evidence of man's contribution to climate change... come on. It's a pretty common topic in the news. Pick just about any news source EXCEPT Fox and pay attention for a few days.

On second thought... a quick check on foxnews.com reveals that even they are reporting that global warming is anthropogenic:

The recent report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has confirmed that human induced global warming is occurring, said Karla Dutton, director of the Alaska program for Defenders of Wildlife.

"There's no way around it _ in order to conserve polar bear habitat in the long term, we must act immediately to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, the principal cause of global warming and this Arctic meltdown," she said.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 3 2007, 11:50 PM) [snapback]399786[/snapback]</div>
    Certainly....

http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM2feb07.pdf

I'm sure once you've completed a full PhD course on meteorology, geology and climatology you'll be as qualified as the world experts to dissect and discuss the statistics and facts of the literature used to arrive at the concensus of these learned men.

Or you could listen to a bunch of right wing H2 drivers who just don't wanna belive that the factory belching filth into the sky could actually do anything bad.

7. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 4 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]399806[/snapback]</div>

I think I'll go with the Scientific community on this one.

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    http://priuschat.com/GW-takes-a-blow-t30270.html ;)

GW is just following a natural course.. I feel its just another way to waste Billions & billions of dollars to study the effects. And God help the Scientists that stand up and go against the flow, as they are concidered nut-cases There are plenty of left wing scientist that agree GW is following natural courses Man just adds 0.25% to the mix so yes its a rather low percentage .... :mellow:

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 4 2007, 03:22 AM) [snapback]399830[/snapback]</div>
    The scientific community is not agreed on this one either. if you believe in tested models than i am assuming you are a believer in supply-side economics and tax cuts too?

10. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 5 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]400355[/snapback]</div>
    Yet again, you need to research. You're getting as bad as Fox News. :p

11. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Mar 5 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]400360[/snapback]</div>
    While there is not 100% agreement on this the huge (something like 95% of learned experts) are in agreement on 'this one'. I'm sure you are very aware that there are always outliers in any issue and scientific ones are no exception...medicine is a fine example where there are plenty of well done research papers on a subject with one or two (often sponsored by drug companies) that show a different result. We certainly don't stop treating our patients with the therapy that the weight of scientific evidence supports b/c of those one or two outliers.

Likewise the global warming issue. The agreement is huge. "Proof" is impossible in something like this, or would, take centuries to do so...and by then irreperable damage would be done, important science and technologic development delayed....To continue the health care metaphor, the patient would die or become extremely ill due to our ignoring the best available evidence and the weight of scientific opinion.

12. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 5 2007, 09:12 AM) [snapback]400366[/snapback]</div>
    More importantly by ignoring the evidence and the opinions of professionals we not only place our future in jeopardy due to climate change but our continued "business as usual" approach to economics and environmental issues places us directly on the path of collapse that was exposed in so many cultures prior to ours. Learn from history. Rampant growth and destruction of limited natural resources has destroyed nearly every major civilization before ours, what makes us think we are so special and above natures laws? It is time for us to move forward and learn to live in symbiosis with nature for there we will truely prosper in the long term. As biologist Lynn Margulis put it, "Life did not take over the planet by combat, but by networking."

13. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 5 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]400384[/snapback]</div>
    The Sky is falling, The Sky is falling, The Sky is falling, run run hide your selves park your evil cars shut down the factories until a cure can be found!!!! :rolleyes:

I believed the weather man on the news that it was going to rain thurs, fri & sat.
    Guess what it only rained on sat in the afternoon....

What evidence? oh your talking about facts and figures that a flawed person has stated to be true? Man is flawed he makes mistakes. This is a garanteed money maker GW, Scare everyone and they will give Billions to research it.... even though we do our part by adding a mear 0.25% compaired to natures 90% ;)

Anyone that opposes GW is wrong Professionals have stated such...... even if those who oppose the facts are also professionals from the same field, they are labled nuts / outcasts..

14. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 5 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]400397[/snapback]</div>

Tsk tsk tsk... Thee you are using your frame again. I'm sorry I put more faith into science than you do your bible and political yamerings of the ultra-wealthy who intend to do nothing that will hamper their lifestyle. Again, I suggest you go educate yourself in biology, chemistry, physics, and anthropology and this time, leave one side of your frame off so you can assimilate new information and not immediately reject it based on your current views.

There is a reason they call it the precautionary principle. If done right we have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. If ignored we have everything to lose and no more to gain than if we had done it right.

15. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Mar 5 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]400397[/snapback]</div>
    A bit heavy on the drama and a bit light on any substance there. The sky is falling, albeit very slowly, based upon all the facts and information available to us today.

While I absolutely agree that man is flawed and that it's entirely possible that 200 years from now we'll be able to look back and giggle at the errors our scientists made it's just as possible that they're right and that there is something we can do to slow global warming and make for a better, cleaner future for our children's children's children.

There's simply no downside to reducing the amount of filth we belch into the atmosphere...at the very least the immediate impact would be a reduction of environmentally triggered illnesses such as asthma and cleaner clearer skies over cities like Denver that, to this day, still have "Yellow", "Green", and "Red" days based upon how much smog and haze cover the city...it's a disgusting site to drive into Denver from the mountains and the city is covered by a halo of yellow smog.

I wanna repeat this...I'm no tree-hugger. I've never donated money or time to any environmental organization. I've never strapped myself to a redwood. I'm far far from an extremist on environmental issues and I'm a scientist and a skeptic by nature and career. But this issue of global warming is a no-brainer IMO. Change is necessary, we have the ablity and technology to clean up emissions from cars, factories and almost all sectors...the only thing delaying that is cost and pressure from lobbiests to prevent the gov't from forcing those changes.

16. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 4 2007, 01:50 AM) [snapback]399786[/snapback]</div>
    The best site I've seen is http://www.realclimate.org/

It's run by climate scientists. I think it was Alric on this forum who brought it to my attention.

17. viking31

viking31 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 4 2007, 01:24 AM) [snapback]399806[/snapback]</div>
    You mean these individuals?: Dr. Daniel Schrag, Claude Allegre, Dr. Patrick Michaels, Dr. Fred Singer, Professor Bob Carter, the geologists of James Cook University in Australia, Richard Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan,... (Hmm, wonder if they all drive Hummers - do they make a left hand drive for our friends down under?; surely those evil oil companies and fat cat lobbyists are paying them off!!)

Who is to question the expert opinions of Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts, Leonardo Dicaprio, many who even have high school degrees. I heard even Al Gore has an advanced degree in journalism.

Guess I'll start tithing my paychecks to Carbonfund.org. You should too. Maybe the government will do that for me on my next 1040.

Rick
    #4 2006
    Where's the next <strike>Dixie Chicks</strike> "Stop Global Warming" concert?? Can't wait to get my tickets!

18. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Mar 5 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]400412[/snapback]</div>
    Well, some of those you list certainly do have oil connections -- Lindzen, Michaels, and Singer all have extensive connections with Exxon-funded groups. See pages 34-35 of
    http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documents/glo...xxon_report.pdf

Alfred P. Sloan has been dead since 1966.

19. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Mar 5 2007, 10:01 AM) [snapback]400412[/snapback]</div>
    You can read more about your list of supporters here.

Inhofe's Last Stand

For what it's worth I read a book called "Snowball Earth" that details Daniel Schrag and Paul Hoffman's hypothesis of SnowBall Earth, of which most geoscientists believe to be false, and found it quite intruiging. In fact, Daniel's work on cap carbonates was what first peaked my interest in climatology (which I still know very little about but chemistry classes as helping lol)

20. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(viking31 @ Mar 5 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]400412[/snapback]</div>
    Please keep writing. Wow--a whole handful of scientists who disagree that GW is a problem! You must be so proud! I can't believe there are people out there who are still arguing this topic. It's ridiculous!

Here's just a start of the line-up of the other side...I've got more if you want 'em. And not one of 'em a celebrity...

Coordinating Lead Authors
    Hervé LE TREUT France Historical Overview of Climate Change Science
    Richard SOMERVILLE USA Historical Overview of Climate Change Science
    Lead Authors
    Ulrich CUBASCH Germany Climate processes, Climate modelling, Uncertainties
    Yihui DING China Climate processes, Climate modelling
    Cecilie MAURITZEN Norway Climate processes, Climate modelling, Uncertainties
    Abdalah MOKSSIT Morocco Observations
    Thomas PETERSON USA Observations
    Michael PRATHER USA Climate processes, Climate modelling, Uncertainties
    Review Editors
    Alphonsus BAEDE The Netherlands Historical Overview of Climate Change Science
    David GRIGGS United Kingdom Historical Overview of Climate Change Science
    Maria MARTELO Venezuela Working Group I Vice Chair
    Chapter 2: Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
    Piers M. de F. FORSTER United Kingdom Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
    Venkatachalam RAMASWAMY USA Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
    Lead Authors
    Paulo ARTAXO Brazil Aerosol Forcing, Land-use Forcing
    Terje BERNTSEN Norway Greenhouse gases, Aircraft Effects, GWPs
    Richard A. BETTS United Kingdom Land-use Forcing
    David W. FAHEY USA Greenhouse gases, Aircraft Effects
    James HAYWOOD United Kingdom Aerosol Forcing
    Judith LEAN USA Solar and volcanic forcing
    David C. LOWE New Zealand Greenhouse gases,
    Gunnar MYHRE Norway Land-use Forcing, Aircraft Effects, GWPs
    John NGANGA Kenya Aerosol Forcing
    Ronald PRINN USA Greenhouse gases, GWPs
    Graciela RAGA Mexico Aerosol Forcing
    Michael SCHULZ France Aerosol Forcing
    Rob VAN DORLAND The Netherlands Greenhouse gases, Solar and volcanic forcing
    Review Editors
    Teruyuki NAKAJIMA Japan Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
    Veerabhadran RAMANATHAN USA Changes in Atmospheric Constituents and in Radiative Forcing
    Chapter 3: Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change
    Philip JONES United Kingdom Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change
    Kevin TRENBERTH USA Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change
    Lead Authors
    Peter AMBENJE Kenya Surface climate, Tropics and sub-tropics, Extreme events
    Roxana BOJARIU Romania Atmospheric circulation, Patterns of variability
    David EASTERLING USA Surface climate, Extreme events
    Albert KLEIN TANK The Netherlands Surface climate, Tropics and sub-tropics, Extra-tropics
    David PARKER United Kingdom Surface climate, Free atmosphere, Atmospheric circulation, Patterns
    of variability, Tropics and sub-tropics, Extra-tropics
    Fatemeh RAHIMZADEH Iran Surface climate
    James A. RENWICK New Zealand Surface climate, Atmospheric circulation, Patterns of variability,
    Tropics and sub-tropics, Extra-tropics
    Matilde M. RUSTICUCCI Argentina Patterns of variability, Tropics and sub-tropics, Extreme events
    Brian SODEN USA Surface climate, Free atmosphere
    Panmao ZHAI China Patterns of variability, Tropics and sub-tropics, Extreme events
    Review Editors
    Brian HOSKINS United Kingdom Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change
    Bubu Pateh JALLOW The Gambia Working Group I Vice Chair
    Tom KARL USA Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change
    Chapter 4: Observations: Changes in Snow, Ice and Frozen Ground
    Peter LEMKE Germany Observations: Changes in Snow, Ice and Frozen Ground
    Jiawen REN China Observations: Changes in Snow, Ice and Frozen Ground
    Lead Authors
    Richard ALLEY USA Snow, Sea ice, Glaciers, Ice shelves, Ice sheets, Frozen ground
    Ian ALLISON Australia Sea ice, Ice shelves, Glaciers
    Jorge CARRASCO Chile Snow, Sea ice, Ice shelves
    Gregory FLATO Canada Snow, Sea ice, Ice shelves, Ice sheets, Frozen ground
    Yoshiyuki FUJI Japan Ice shelves, Ice sheets
    Georg KASER Austria Glaciers
    Philip MOTE USA Snow
    Robert H. THOMAS USA Ice sheets, Ice shelves
    Tingjun ZHANG USA Snow, Frozen ground
    Review Editors
    Roger BARRY USA Observations: Changes in Snow, Ice and Frozen Ground
    Toshio KOIKE Japan Observations: Changes in Snow, Ice and Frozen Ground
    Chapter 5: Observations: Oceanic Climate Change and Sea Level
    Nathaniel L. BINDOFF Australia Observations: Ocean Climate Change and Sea Level
    Jurgen WILLEBRAND Germany Observations: Ocean Climate Change and Sea Level
    Lead Authors
    Vincenzo ARTALE Italy Ocean physics, Sea level
    Anny CAZENAVE France Ocean physics, Sea level
    Jonathan GREGORY United Kingdom Sea level projections
    Sergey GULEV Russia Ocean physics, Ocean circulation
    Kimio HANAWA Japan Ocean physics, Ocean circulation
    Corrine LE QUÉRÉ Germany Biogeochemical tracers
    Sydney LEVITUS USA Ocean physics, Ocean circulation
    Yukihiro NOJIRI Japan Biogeochemical tracers
    C. K. SHUM USA Sea level
    Lynne D. TALLEY USA Ocean physics, Ocean circulation
    Alakkat S. UNNIKRISHNAN India Sea level
    Review Editors
    Laurent LABEYRIE France Observations: Ocean Climate Change and Sea Level
    David WRATT New Zealand Working Group I Vice Chair
    Chapter 6: Paleoclimate
    Eystein JANSEN Norway Paleoclimate
    Jonathan OVERPECK USA Paleoclimate
    Lead Authors
    Keith BRIFFA United Kingdom Paleoclimatic proxies
    Jean-Claude DUPLESSY France Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations, Abrupt climate change,
    Modelling
    Fortunat JOOS Switzerland Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations, Modelling
    Valérie MASSON-DELMOTTE France Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations, Abrupt climate change,
    Modelling
    Daniel OLAGO Kenya Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations
    Bette OTTO-BLIESNER USA Paleoclimatic observations, Abrupt climate change, Modelling
    Wm. Richard PELTIER Canada Paleoclimatic observations, Modelling
    Stefan RAHMSTORF Germany Paleoclimatic observations, Abrupt climate change, Modelling
    Rengaswamy RAMESH India Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations
    Dominique RAYNAUD France Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations
    David RIND USA Paleoclimatic observations, Modelling
    Olga SOLOMINA Russia Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations
    Ricardo VILLALBA Argentina Proxies, Paleoclimatic observations
    De'er ZHANG China Paleoclimatic observations, Modelling
    Review Editors
    Jean JOUZEL France Working Group I Vice Chair
    John MITCHELL United Kingdom Modelling
    Chapter 7: Couplings Between Changes in the Climate System and Biogeochemistry
    Guy BRASSEUR Germany Coupling Between Changes in the Climate System and
    Biogeochemistry
    Kenneth L. DENMAN Canada Coupling Between Changes in the Climate System and
    Biogeochemistry
    Lead Authors
    Amnat CHIDTHAISONG Thailand Atmospheric chemistry
    Philippe CIAIS France Carbon cycle, Land surface
    Peter COX United Kingdom Carbon cycle, Land surface
    Robert DICKINSON USA Land surface, Biogeochemical cycles
    Didier HAUGLUSTAINE France Atmospheric chemistry, Air quality
    Christoph HEINZE Norway Marine biogeochemical cycles
    Elisabeth HOLLAND USA Carbon cycle, Atmospheric chemistry, Land surface, Biogeochemical
    cycles
    Daniel JACOB USA Atmospheric chemistry, Air quality, Biogeochemical cycles
    Ulrike LOHMANN Canada Air quality, Aerosol effects, Biogeochemical cycles
    Srikanthan (S.) RAMACHANDRAN India Air quality, Aerosol effects
    Pedro Leite da SILVA DIAS Brazil Land surface, Biogeochemical cycles
    Steven C. WOFSY USA Carbon cycle, Land surface, Biogeochemical cycles
    Xiaoye ZHANG China Air quality, Aerosol effects
    Review Editors
    Kansri BOONPRAGOB Thailand Working Group I Vice Chair
    Martin HEIMANN Germany Coupling Between Changes in the Climate System and
    Biogeochemistry
    Mario MOLINA USA Coupling Between Changes in the Climate System and
    Biogeochemistry
    Chapter 8: Climate Models and their Evaluation
    David RANDALL USA Climate Models and their Evaluation
    Richard A. WOOD United Kingdom Climate Models and their Evaluation
    Lead Authors
    Sandrine BONY France Current climate, Processes, Climate sensitivity
    Robert COLMAN Australia Current climate, Processes, Climate sensitivity
    Thierry FICHEFET Belgium Thresholds and abrupt events, Simple models
    John FYFE Canada Current climate, Climate variability, Processes, Extremes
    Vladimir KATTSOV Russia Current climate, Climate variability simulations
    Andrew PITMAN Australia Current climate simulations, Climate processes
    Jagadish SHUKLA USA Current climate, Climate variability
    Jayaraman SRINIVASAN India Current climate, Climate variability, Processes
    Ron STOUFFER USA Current climate, Climate variability, Processes, Extremes, Climate
    sensitivity
    Akimasa SUMI Japan Current climate, Climate variability, Processes, Extremes
    Karl E. TAYLOR USA Current climate, Climate variability, Extremes, Climate sensitivity
    Review Editors
    Elisa MANZINI Italy Climate Models and their Evaluation
    Taroh MATSUNO Japan Climate Models and their Evaluation
    Bryant MCAVANEY Australia Climate Models and their Evaluation
    Chapter 9: Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Gabriele HEGERL USA Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Francis ZWIERS Canada Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Lead Authors
    Pascale BRACONNOT France Pre-industrial climate change
    Nathan GILLETT Canada Reliability of predictions, Instrumental era climate change
    Yong LUO China Climate response, Instrumental era climate change
    Jose Antonio MARENGO Brazil Reliability of predictions, Instrumental era climate change
    Neville NICHOLLS Australia Reliability of predictions, Instrumental era climate change
    Joyce PENNER USA Climate response, Instrumental era climate change
    Peter A. STOTT United Kingdom Climate response, Reliability of predictions, Instrumental era climate
    change
    Review Editors
    David KAROLY USA Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Laban OGALLO Kenya Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Serge PLANTON France Understanding and Attributing Climate Change
    Chapter 10: Global Climate Projections
    Gerald MEEHL USA Global Climate Projections
    Thomas STOCKER Switzerland Global Climate Projections
    Lead Authors
    William COLLINS USA Future radiative forcing, Timescales of response, Global projections,
    Model uncertainties
    Pierre FRIEDLINGSTEIN France Timescales of response, Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Amadou Thierno GAYE Senegal Timescales of response, Global projections
    Jonathan GREGORY United Kingdom Global projections, Sea level projections, Model uncertainties
    Akio KITOH Japan Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Reto KNUTTI Switzerland Climate change over different time scales, EMICs
    James MURPHY United Kingdom Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Akira NODA Japan Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Sarah RAPER United Kingdom Global projections, Simple models
    Ian G. WATTERSON Australia Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Andrew WEAVER Canada Global projections, Sea level projections, Model uncertainties
    Zong-Ci ZHAO China Global projections, Model uncertainties
    Review Editors
    Myles ALLEN United Kingdom Global Climate Projections
    Govind Ballabh PANT India Global Climate Projections
    Chapter 11: Regional Climate Projections
    Jens Hesselbjerg CHRISTENSEN Denmark Regional Climate Projections
    Bruce HEWITSON South Africa Regional Climate Projections
    Lead Authors
    Aristita BUSUIOC Romania Downscaling, Regional projections
    Anthony CHEN Jamaica Small Islands
    Xuejie GAO China Regional projections
    Isaac HELD USA Regional projections, Regional model uncertainties
    Richard JONES United Kingdom Downscaling, Regional projections
    Rupa Kumar KOLLI India Regional projections
    Won-Tae KWON R. Korea Regional projections
    René LAPRISE Canada Regional models, Downscaling, Regional projections
    Victor MAGAÑA RUEDA Mexico Regional projections, Regional model uncertainties
    Linda MEARNS USA Regional models, Downscaling, Regional projections, Regional
    model uncertainties
    Claudio Guillermo MENENDEZ Argentina Regional models, Regional projections
    Jouni RÄISÄNEN Finland Regional projections, Regional model uncertainties
    Annette RINKE Germany Regional models, Regional projections
    Abdoulaye SARR Senegal Regional projections
    Penny WHETTON Australia Regional models, Regional projections
    Review Editors
    Congbin FU China Regional Climate Projections
    Filippo GIORGI